TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 knee pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sara

66 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2015 :  21:39:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone. It has been years since I posted here. I don't typically read stuff because I have found that I am so prone to taking on other people's symptoms. Anyway, I have had some success fighting tms, but it seems it has reared it's ugly head again (at least I think, but i am looking for reassurance). Thus far, I have gotten through back pain, pelvic pain and foot pain, although I haven't beaten them 100%. I still have pain, but I think of those pains as more of a nuisance and don't let them stop me from doing anything. I seem to have a new pain now and I sometimes feel like tms won't stop until every part of my body has some ache or pain. I am currently feeling some pain in both knees. I first noticed it after a day of skiing with my 8 year old. We skied for a long time and felt most of the pain sitting on the chair lift while my legs dangled. By the time we got home, my knees were really achy and were red and warm above the kneecap. I thought I would just take it easy, but after a few days I felt myself obsessing (which is often my first sign..I did however refuse to search the internet). Two weeks later, I am still in some significant pain. It hurts to bend and walk and go up the stairs etc. Thoughts? Thanks for reading!

Sara

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2015 :  09:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As with any other symptom, if it grabs your attention and gets you to obsess about it, it is likely to persist. I suggest to treat it like any other symptom.

I have had knee pain as a symptom. It is interesting because it is typically both knees at once. I tell myself, if it were a structural issue, it would be highly unlikely to affect both knees in the exact same way. It comes and goes and does not seem related to any particular physical activity such as running on a treadmill. Currently I have no knee pain at all, but I bet that will change in a couple of hours ;)
Go to Top of Page

Sara

66 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2015 :  07:30:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. It's funny, the day after I posted, I felt a bit better! Hoping to ski today:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000