TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Toe Issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dcallahan

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2015 :  13:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been told I have arthritis in big toe. Have a bone spur that somewhat limits motion. (like when I really bend it back.)

Have been to a few docs and even a PRP injection. That doc (who did PRP) said that the toe was not that bad and he could hardly tell arthritis in xray except for spur.

But this thing has consumed me for years now with a few times it has just gone away. I have a history of TMS type stuff that I realize now what was going on. But the toe, the the Xrays, and docs telling me "it will only get worse" rings in my head. Sometimes worse that others.

Anyone struggled with this kind of issue?

Dale

fibri

Belgium
56 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2015 :  10:00:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So it's been around for years, but comes and goes, and doctors are vague and inconsistent about what it might be (I think any doctor who is not 100% sure of what is wrong but yet feels justified in saying "it will only get worse" should be shot).

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... I'm no doctor but it sounds like ol' TMS to me.

Bone spurs are not necessarily an due to arthritis. I've had one for over 30 years. In the past 5-10 years it is SLOWLY getting smaller. I spent $$$ getting it tested; now I ignore it.

As I said, I'm not a doctor and have no right to attempt a diagnosis for you, of course. But maybe treating it like TMS and ignoring it might help :-)
Go to Top of Page

Rile84

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2015 :  01:50:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fibri

But maybe treating it like TMS and ignoring it might help :-)

I could agree with that. Sometime you just have to ignore it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000