TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 TMJ
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

audrey

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2015 :  11:01:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,
My finding of this website and the work of Dr Sarno was due to back pain a few years ago. Its been a journey for me but I'd really like to ask about TMJ.
I've had this for years and didn't think it could possibly be TMS, mainly because in my jaw there is no pain at all, just clicking. I say just but its awful. I find it so frightening. Over the years I've been given splints as the problem is teeth grinding. My husband is wakened by it when its bad. (I've read though that splints can sometimes cause more problems so I've stopped using them, and resisted surgery on advice too). I can't open my mouth very wide but I've just adapted eating to work for me. It comes and goes in severity and it's not so good right now. There is much out there online, but I can't look at it any more, it's not helpful for me.I don't know anyone who has experienced this, in fact I've had friends snigger when I mention it thinking its somehow amusing. So I keep it to myself and hope people don't notice when I eat. Can this be TMS even though there is no pain and a direct cause of teeth grinding? Just as I'm about to send this I'm really hoping somehow that it might be. Thanks for reading.
Audrey x

audrey hamilton
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000