TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Dr. Sarno Lectures on DVD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

susan828

USA
291 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2015 :  06:46:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone tell me which videos I can purchase that are the same as Dr. Sarno's lectures with new patients? I have looked online but see audio books which I don't want because I have all of his books. I do see a lecture for $49 on his site but wonder if he has the full course that he gave in person when he was doing these.

Is there anyone in NYC who still does lectures? I don't think Dr. Rashbaum does...any help would be appreciated.

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2015 :  08:11:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would give Dr. Rashbaum's office a call, he or his secretary should be able to help answer those questions.

Edited by - tennis tom on 03/27/2015 08:37:16
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2015 :  08:48:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's Dr. Rashbaum's info from the wiki:

Ira Rashbaum, MD (Physician)
Dr Rashbaum is a Clinical Professor of medicine at the New York University School of Medicine and an attending physiatrist at the Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine in New York City. He has treated numerous patients with TMS since 1993. He was a former student of Dr Sarno's and was a contributing author to Dr Sarno's The Divided Mind. (Source)
Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
400 East 34th Street
New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6477
(212) 263-7874 fax
Ira.Rashbaum@nyumc.org
Main Wiki Page About Ira Rashbaum
Survey Response / Website
Contributed the article, "My Experience with Tension Myositis Syndrome" to The Divided Mind, by Dr. John Sarno. 2006.
Insurance Accepted: Oxford, United Healthcare, Aetna, Cigna, HIP, HealthNet, Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
GailNYC recounts a visit with Dr. Rashbaum in a forum thread
Go to Top of Page

susan828

USA
291 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2015 :  16:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Tom, I will call. Just hoping someone on here has them and will steer me to the right thing because I don't want "books on tape" since I have his books. Just want his lectures if that's at all possible. I've seen all his you tubes but wonder if his lectures were all in fact recorded.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2015 :  18:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe this will help:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/a-review-of-dr-sarnos-video-lecture-on-the-mindbody-prescription.3635/
Go to Top of Page

susan828

USA
291 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2015 :  18:50:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tom...I did see that and will call. I imagine it's really the whole 2 hours. Might be worth the money. I wish he hadn't retired, I am right here and would have gone to see him. Considering Dr. Rashbaum though but not sure how he works. I'll call.
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2015 :  01:04:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Ive seen Dr.R and hes a very nice guy. Not as stern or straight to the point like Dr.Sarno but still a very nice man.

I saw him almost two years ago and he is located in a big office building for NYU.

I have the Sarno VHS tape lectures and they are awesome. I have no idea if they have been converted to DVD but its like sitting in a lecture (which I did about 8 years ago)

I'd get the VHS tapes and just buy a used VCR off ebay.

**Sure I can lay down on a bed of nails and not have pain but why am I having back pain when laying down on a soft mattress?
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2015 :  08:13:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From Walt's review:

"In a word, the video lecture is fantastic! Anyone in any kind of pain should watch the video. It is a 2-hour lecture with a doctor who is the closest to the friendly, caring doctor who used to make house calls years ago when I was a boy."
Go to Top of Page

Rile84

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2015 :  02:25:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I should watch the video.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2015 :  10:47:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rile84

I think I should watch the video.

And from the history of your past posts here, I think you are a SPAMMER!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000