TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 what happened to Psychosomatic Medicine?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2015 :  16:25:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’m rather young, i guess ;). I’m only 40, so I need someone older, or wiser to explain me what happened to psicossomatic medicine? I feel that today is almost, as if it is consider pseudo-medicine. What happen to medicine in general? I always heard philosophers saying sane mind in sane body… no they only focus on sane body... assholes!!!!

When I first discovered John Sarno, I search on the net, and found people that call him a quack. There was people saying that what he was doing was offering placebo. But what is placebo?

Most of the people like me, in the beginning, thought placebo was when someone gets the idea that he is cured, whe in fact he is still sick. They don’t accept the idea that someone can really be cured with the placebo effect. That is, that your body really heals itself. On the opposite side of the coin, people think that the nocebo effect, is when someone thinks he is sick when in fact is in perfect good health. They think that the nocibo doesn’t produce changes at the physical level.

Most of my friends, and People in general think that the nervous system can have a negative impact on their health, but refuse to think it can create real diseases. They think it can worsen some symptoms, but can’t actually creat them. Why?

Everytime I try to explain to someone the idea that their illiness is caused by psychosomatic factors, people feel offended. Why?

My mother in law is always bragging herself of eating vegetables, and fruit from her own plantation, "with no chemicals", she said. But she doesn’t hesitate to take every pill she is prescribed, by his DR. She actually thinks that pills cure. And this happens with everybody I know. It also already happened with me. I use to carry a bag with every kind of pills, when I went on vacations, until 5 years ago.

Today I started having those nasty stomach ache that plague me for so long, which made me go to Drs, doing all kind of exams, and taking loads of pills. When I realized that they had to do with my wife’s problem they immidiately seized.

I only embraced john Sarno’s Theories as a last resort . I tried everything before, and got no relieve from my chronic pain. I went with John sarno because I don’t had any other alternative…and I wanted really to get my life on tracks again. And now I’m completely cured… and now I understand how our mind crates pain, and illness.

I’m afraid that my wife’s breast surgery became like a psychossomatic scar, in her life. That is why I wanted so much to avoid it. I remember having 3 surgerys scheduled. Thanks to John Sarno, I skip everyone of them. I guess I was lucky to found it.

Thanks,

Filipe

Edited by - filipe on 06/02/2015 16:35:50
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000