TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Help Ace - Real long term chemo effects
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2015 :  16:21:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace,can you tell me the real long term effects of chemo to the body?

I'm worried about my wife. I read that it is really bad for the heart. Can the body recover?

Thanks,

Filipe

Sam908

70 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2015 :  04:57:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Felipe, I don't think that this is the right forum in which to post these types of questions.
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2015 :  06:23:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for your reply Sam908. But I wasn't talking to you... if you had someone you love with cancer you use whatever forun you might think of, to help her, and to get in touch with people that can help her... This is the only way for me to contact Ace, which I trust dearly.

Won't just people love to let the others feeling bad...

Edited by - filipe on 08/11/2015 06:29:18
Go to Top of Page

summabody

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2015 :  12:44:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I realize this question is not directed to me, filipe but may I share some thoughts?

Keep in mind the power of "nocebo" and "placebo" and its influence on the body.

There is no good answer to this question. Some symptoms (real somatic phenomena) are generated by the power of suggestion/expectation. If a doctor, forum member or internet article tells you "there are long term effects of chemo on the heart and most do not recover well" - this has the power to bring upon a poor recovery simply because that's what the patient was told to expect. Becomes a subconscious belief, may manifest itself as such and have little to do with the actual effect of chemotherapy.

Now this is about your worry, you may not even desire to share this information that you here from Ace (if he were to affirm that there is negative, permanent effects) with your wife to protect her from this. But about you...your worry could be a trigger that undoes your own progress with your own health, pain, TMS symptoms etc. And your anxious state may transfer to your wife as well.

Chemotherapy is a poison to the body, but it's administered temporarily. The body is also resilient and can recover. Recovery varies from individual to individual. Belief in the body's strength and ability to heal helps very much in recovery. You and your wife have the best chance of getting through this and making full physical recovery by providing the best thought environment, and avoiding opening up your minds to negative possibilities, fears, anxieties about what "could" happen.

You have overcome a lot of TMS symptoms thinking psychologically already, which is no easy feat! You are well practiced and equipped to reject fear and support your wife through this, your experience is a great asset.

My best to you, you'll get through this!
Go to Top of Page

Sam908

70 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2015 :  13:14:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, I'll try to be more constructive. I suggest that you read "When the Body Says No" by Gabor Mate, MD. He deals with the issues that concern you.
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2015 :  14:02:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Summabody... :). I ask ACE because he is na oncologist, and since most Drs don't tell you the truth, I thought that maybe ACE couls share some light on the subject. I'm really worried about the long term side effects of Chemo. I know of someone that had na Heart Attack, 5 years after doing Chemo.

As for you sam908...GARRR!!!!! Your first reply was unecessary and it hurt my feallings... I'm tiered of hearing people always making the others feel bad... Do this, don't do that. You should do this, you shouldn't do that.... :(
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2015 :  21:43:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Filipe,
It really depends on the chemo. If you want, you can tell me what she is getting. I do believe that when it causes a "permanent" effect, it is just a tms shift. Therefore if you believe in tms theory, if the psychological state is the same, the outcome is the same as long as you don't make the psychological state worse because of the illness and its treatment. Does this make sense?
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2015 :  22:25:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes it makes sense ACE. I read the book 50 something... by Greg Anderson. The one Tennis Tom told me about. I became rather worried with Chemo. I also whach a documentar where they said some drugs destroid Aids patient's immune system, worst than the desease.

Here, in Portugal, it is really late. I had a nightmare with my wife :(. In terms of TMS, what are nightmares? Sub concious Worries?

I'm gonnas ask her Dr the name of the drugs and tell you. I believe is the standard treatment. She is doing 8 sessions with 2 diferente drugs. She is starting the second drug.

Thanks Ace :)

PS: well, now this is for Sam908... allright, I'll forgive you ;)

Edited by - filipe on 08/12/2015 22:30:08
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2015 :  06:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Filipe, I don't think Sam908 needs your forgiveness, maybe you meant it in jest. He made a valid point, once the word gets out that someone's a doctor they get constant requests for free medical advice and to save lives all around them. I realize your great concern for your wife too, and your desperation to get complementary medicine cancer advice from a TMS mind-body perspective. If you haven't yet checked out Dr. Bernie Siegel's web-site, http://berniesiegelmd.com/about/ he's a retired surgeon and is world renowned for taking a mindbody approach to cancer. Maybe you could send Ace some of your good Portugeese Port for some payback for all his advice.

G'luck!

Edited by - tennis tom on 08/13/2015 07:00:12
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2015 :  07:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tennis Tom...and yes that is right, i was joking :) I think I have to relax a little bit more...

Edited by - filipe on 08/13/2015 07:15:56
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2015 :  07:28:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're welcome Filipe, you won't be good for anyone if your're running around frantic--not to say you are. Please check out Dr. Siegel's site, his works helped ME a lot when my mother had cancer. Lots of good advice for caregivers. Also, if your anxiety levels are skyrocketing, see your doc for some tranquilizers, maybe, so you can function in a rational manner to help your wife make the best choices.
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2015 :  11:10:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace1

Filipe,
It really depends on the chemo. If you want, you can tell me what she is getting. I do believe that when it causes a "permanent" effect, it is just a tms shift. Therefore if you believe in tms theory, if the psychological state is the same, the outcome is the same as long as you don't make the psychological state worse because of the illness and its treatment. Does this make sense?

Sorry to bother you ace, but can you tell me your pesonal view on mestastasis? I mean if metastasis do come from the original cancer, trough the blood stream, how can cancer don't be contageous? Is there any proof that the cancer cells do come from original cancers?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2015 :  11:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Filipe
The metastasis comes from the original tumor. We know that this is true bc the staining of the metastatic cells with certain dyes look identical to the orginal tumor. They can tell by theses stains the origin of the cells ( if they come from the breast, colon etc). These metastatic cells travel via the lymphatics or blood stream to reach their final destination which could be anywhere including lung, liver, bone or brain. I think this is factual information there is no controversy regarding this information.

I think the way it works if you want to incorporate tms theory to it is, a defective cell starts to multiply due to a weakened immune system. I think some of the cells break off and travel in blood, lymphatics etc. I think this happens more, the larger, more aggressive the tumor is, but it happens in all cases to some degree. I think it is more difficult for a metastasis to establish itself somewhere outside its orginal site, but if the immune system becomes weaker ( to a new level of weakness) then it is able to and that's when the disease really takes off. Typically the patient becomes more prone to infection and winds up dying from infection, or wasting away. It's not really the cancer in itself that kills the patient but it is a whole body disease that wastes and weakens the body away, but originates from mental strain.

I think when a patient finds out about the cancer, many times this makes the cancer take off. I think chemo is helpful is reducing the metastatic disease burden which is why in clinical trials patients who get the chemo live longer with less cancer than the ones who don't despite the patient being blinded to which treatment they are getting.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2015 :  13:09:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh and they are not contagious because they do not aim at attacking the host like a bacteria or virus, they can just usually attach to the same host tissue (the tissue of the same person). . Also any foreign cell (from another person) will be recognized by the immune system very easily and become destroyed.
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2015 :  02:27:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace1

Oh and they are not contagious because they do not aim at attacking the host like a bacteria or virus, they can just usually attach to the same host tissue (the tissue of the same person). . Also any foreign cell (from another person) will be recognized by the immune system very easily and become destroyed.

When I was sick, I was diagnosed with RSD/CRPS. It started on my elbows, and then it goes to my legs. My face. There were time when I felt my whole body burning. Then I read on the net that this dreadfull desease spreads /like cancer to the rest of the body. Here you can read a artile aboout it:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3162139/

Fear was almost killing me. Ilved in fear for several years.

Now I can say: what a bunch of nonsense. It was all in my head. After understanding TMS, I got cured in an instant. I'm affradi cancer behaves the same way.

What do you think?

Edited by - filipe on 09/03/2015 02:29:02
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2015 :  23:08:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes! Fear.

There is a massive cancer industry of fear. I had to really practically ignore it and not tell many people in order not to get caught up in the drama. And I’m completely OK.

I’m not saying it’s an easy fix, to treat cancer like TMS, and I do think you have to take care of the body in various ways to encourage it to heal itself (like decreasing toxic load, and other things). But I believe this is where we will all have to go, or we will become extinct in a generation.

Xx

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2015 :  00:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wavy Soul

Yes! Fear.

There is a massive cancer industry of fear. I had to really practically ignore it and not tell many people in order not to get caught up in the drama. And I’m completely OK.

I’m not saying it’s an easy fix, to treat cancer like TMS, and I do think you have to take care of the body in various ways to encourage it to heal itself (like decreasing toxic load, and other things). But I believe this is where we will all have to go, or we will become extinct in a generation.

Xx

Love is the answer, whatever the question

Thanks Wavy soul for your reply :)

If you Google the words RSD/CRPS you see awfull things, and pictures, about this pseudo disease. You see disturbing and shocking images of people, the same way you see of people with cancer. There are people whose limbs had to be umputated because they were told that they suffer from a dreadful desease, when in fact it was TMS. And you also see Drs exploring these people. Doing all kind of cirgury on them, puting them into coma, scaring them, etc. All in the name of good science medicine. People are convinced that they have a desease. And they live in fear, when after all is just a psychological thing. It is like anoexia.

Watch these vídeos (becareful they are very disturbing. I put the here just as na exemple of what it is out there):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaTlI6bfF64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkUVGKUAc8w

I watched them too, when My DRs convinced me I had RSD. I almost died of fear. Until I found Dr SArno, and psycossomatic medicine. And now I'm 100% ok :)

Here you can see people put on coma:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/colleen-perry/treating-chronic-pain---t_b_265351.html

Edited by - filipe on 09/04/2015 00:57:29
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000