TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 There is always possibility
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marsha

252 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2015 :  17:44:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have been a patient of Dr. Sarno's since 1999. First time around I had a complete recovery,so when pain returned in 2007 I went back to Sarno.
I believe in Sarno's theories of TMS, but not everything is Tms. That includes constant pain. Finally after so many years I returned to the doctor. I have been suffering, contemplating ending my life ,finally turning to antidepressants.
Well I can hardly walk. I no longer participate in life. I have been in therapy for years.
It seems that I have osteoarthritis in my right hip and I need to have a replacement.
Sarno I believe is right about the rage but he isn't always right. No one is.
Take care if you are suffering too long, if you are contemplating ending your life, get another opinion.

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2015 :  18:22:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Sarno never said everything was TMS, I believe he said about 80% was, please correct me if I got that wrong. He has mentioned that hip-replacements were modern medical miracles.
Go to Top of Page

marsha

252 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2015 :  18:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi tom,
I guess I missed that part. Big time. Could have saved myself so much pain.
Glad you replied.
Marsha
Go to Top of Page

fredamir

87 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2015 :  18:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Marhsa,

Sorry to learn you are in so much pain. You words about ending your life reminded of an email I received from a TMS doctor:

"Dear Mr. Amir,

I am a physiatrist [doctor of physical medicine and rehabilitation] in a pain management practice in the East Bay. I am writing to express my sincere thanks for the lifesaving help that your writings have provided for one of my patients. I also want to let you know just how greatly your concepts have affected my outlook as a pain management practitioner.

One of my patients has suffered from severe, diffuse, myofascial pain. Her ailment appeared to have developed primarily through the cumulative trauma she endured as a high-achieving, highly stressed paralegal. She ultimately was no longer able to work. She reached her lowest point this past November and December when she was hospitalized in a psychiatry ward on two occasions due to suicidal ideations and at least one suicide attempt, stemming from her chronic, debilitating pain. She is a highly intelligent young lady, and she had pursued a multitude of types of treatments even prior to coming under my care last summer.

I, myself, was running out of answers, when a therapist gave her your book. To my amazement, this woman, who had become a housebound “nervous wreck,” was driving, walking, and, most importantly, exuding optimism within two to three weeks of reading your book. In addition to giving her a step-by-step guide to conquering her pain, you also provided her with the insight to examine the effects of her rocky upbringing and stormy workplace on her pain and dysfunction. She and I now truly see her returning to some form of gainful employment by this summer. One can now see a beaming light in this woman, where there was once but a flickering candle. We both thank you immensely for that." Dr. Parvez Fateh

I have been there on my back, in pain, night and day for months. Everything hurt: from my feet to my eyes. I have a sense of what you are going through. Don't give up. Keep looking for answers.

Fred Amir
www.rapidrecovery.net
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000