TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 chronic lymphocytic leukemia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2016 :  14:51:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got my blood test results back today, my white blood cell count is down to 13 from a high of 30 (10 or less is normal) I have been taking low dose naltrexone for a year now, and continuing with vitamins and supplements.

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2016 :  18:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I know this is not a tms related post, I was just excited to tell everybody.
Go to Top of Page

fredamir

87 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2016 :  19:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Fantastic.

Actually last night I was listening to a a great interview with Dr. Thomas Cowan on low dose Naltrexone therapy.

http://www.phoenixhelix.com

Take care,

Fred Amir
www.rapidrecovery.net
Workshops:
Rapid Recovery from Back and Neck Pain
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rapid-recovery-from-back-and-neck-pain-tickets-22423626671
Live Pain-Free and Achieve Optimum Health
http://rapidrecoverybook.wix.com/livepainfree
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2016 :  20:36:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I will have a look at it
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2016 :  20:44:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Al! We'll have to have two beers now, an Arbutus Pale Ale and a Cowichan Bay Lager. I'm not familiar with your condition, but I feel TMS thinking can help with any healing process. And perhaps Fred Amir, a TMS Guru's link on the topic will be helpful too.

G'luck!
tt
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2016 :  20:55:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey thanks Tom! It is a slow progressing thing, so I had time to try a few different treatments, I went for a year to a Doctor of Chinese medicine, who said it was a type of poisoning more than a cancer. He also said my attitude would have the most effect on it. His treatments helped a bit, but like other modalities, they played out after a while. The LDN has been the easiest and cheapest with the best result so far.
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2016 :  10:53:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Al, thanks for posting. I do not drink anymore, but I will mentally drink a “poor man’s black velvet” on your behalf.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Poor+Man's+Black+Velvet

Andy

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2016 :  20:11:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha! Thanks Andy
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2016 :  20:36:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Amir - I listened to Dr. Cowan's podcast, it was interesting, and he explained how ldn works much better than I understood from reading about it. Do you think cll and other cancers are related to tms? I thought so at first, but I am tending to think mine is more of a toxicity from food, pollution, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2016 :  22:18:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Al, I just saw this! Sorry you have gone through this..I imagine it was very hard on all levels! I am so glad to hear you got good news! you are now in my prayers for total healing!!
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2016 :  22:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Karen! I hope it continues to improve. Funny, the oncologist I see once a year has been disappointed I have not followed the normal schedule to croak. I hope you get over your breathing trouble, that is such a scary symptom.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2016 :  22:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope you continue to improve and heal all the way, Al! Thank u for your empathy..It is scary and its acting up again..Trying to hold off on the meds due to the bad side effects..My pulmonary dr is sending me for a CT scan of the lung that was operated on when i was 14..He said to go at my leisure which made me feel some comfort..I figured if he was suspicious of something like cancer he would have sent me right away..I am trying to get insurance approval and trying to get a low dose one..Hate getting that radiation! You are in my prayers dear friend!
Go to Top of Page

weatherman

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2016 :  01:09:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a friend who got diagnosed with CLL over 20 years ago, and generally is still doing good. When he got diagnosed his MD really emphasized the effect stress has on the course of that condition. At the time (and today) he was self employed and mostly working from home, when he told the doc he didn't have a real job the doc said "Good, don't get one!" He has deadlines for his work but never lives by the clock, and is sure he would have been dead many years ago if he had stayed in the rat race corporate job he was in several years before his diagnosis.

Not sure how much this relates specifically to TMS; maybe a commentary on life in general...

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2016 :  20:19:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I had was treated by a doctor of Chinese medicine that told me my attitude would greatly affect the course of the disease. He also told me cll is considered a poisoning in China, and has become common since China's industrial expansion.
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2016 :  07:31:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@altherunner - thanks for sharing your very good news!!

@weatherman - very helpful anecdote and advice. thanks for posting.

~RSR
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2016 :  02:10:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi :)

I'm really happy for you, altherunner :)

Now let me tell you my understanding of LDN. I took it for chronic pain for about 1 or 2 years. I really felt something. But, I think that what it really does is to raise your endorphins, and you can do this without drugs, right? How? It is simple you just have to Chage your thoughts, to positive ones. In other words, LDN makes you happy, and that's all we need.

There were times that I thought I would never let go of LDN. But better than LDN is our understanding of what are diseases. And once you understand you don't need drugs at all :)

Anyway, LDN has almost no side effects, so I think it is a "good" drug, despite here, where I live, it is almost unavailable nowadays, since it is not proftable as I once read...

Bye :)

Edited by - filipe on 04/29/2016 02:11:13
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2016 :  20:40:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Filipe - thanks! I have tried a lot of things, LDN is the only one that has dropped my white blood cell count. I do think a positive attitude helps, too. I have heard that cannabis works to kill cancer too, but have not tried it. I think I am luck that there is no mainstream "cure" ie surgery, chemo, radiation for this type. I am not sure if those things do more harm than good.
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2016 :  04:39:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Al, that is wonderful news indeed. May the healing continue. I have a glass of prosecco in my hand as I write this & i drink to yr continual good health.

I read where u mentioned yr oncologist being disappointed. Its a shame he couldn't be more happy for u.

I am however really really chuffed as r many others here.

All the best always

Mala

"It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know
what sort of disease a person has." ~ Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)

Mala Singh Barber on Facebook

Edited by - mala on 05/01/2016 05:14:49
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2016 :  20:46:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mala - cheers and thank you! I think oncologists get used to people croaking when then are supposed to, and don't like some one not following their schedule. I hope you are doing well too.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2016 :  14:22:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by altherunner

Hi Mala - cheers and thank you! I think oncologists get used to people croaking when then are supposed to, and don't like some one not following their schedule. I hope you are doing well too.

" I think oncologists get used to people croaking when then are supposed to, and don't like some one not following their schedule." Altherunner

Yes Al, that would be funny if it weren't all so true for the poor souls who believe everything their docs tell them, and then give up and die. There are several citations in the TMS literature of exactly that happening, people lived or died according to their docs/shaman's instructions. I've played tennis with too many docs to believe all their calls. I saw it with my Mom who had kidney cancer and the earnest sincere sounding oncologist and his protege said the only solution for her to live a normal life was the surgery. We all believed and went along with it, and she died of complications of the surgery that we weren't fully informed of that could be one of the outcomes. In retrospect, I would bet on her indomitable will instead--but live and learn--or learn by other's dieing.

BTW, haven't made it up your way yet as previously planned, when I do I'll give you a buzz for a beer or a tea.

Cheers,
tt

Edited by - tennis tom on 05/02/2016 14:25:24
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2016 :  20:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tom. Sorry about your mom. I bet she was a tough lady. Please do call if you have time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000