TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Status update: recovery is SLOOOOW
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wilcox2969

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2016 :  22:10:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is for all the people struggling with this condition. I've been working with what I have for about 6 months now trying to recover from chronic low back, right hip/thigh, and heel pain. Here are some of the things I have learned so far:

1. No matter how far down you are, you CAN get better, but it can and most likely will be slow.
2. Don't take advice from people that have not made any progress/gotten better.
3. Read recovery stories as much as possible. They will really help to keep your mind right. I recommend Hillbilly and Back-2-it's stories, very compelling. They emphasize on the idea of this being more of an anxiety problem rather than a past trauma problem, which I identified with much more. But to each his own.
4. Read Steve Ozanich's book, The Great Pain Deception. Helped greatly, although I didnt agree with everything in the book.
5. Sarno is mostly right, but take his books with a grain of salt. That repressed emotion crap due to childhood trama is just that, crap. I think that most of what we deal with is day in and day out emotions and stresses, identify them and fix them. Freud logic is not logical.
6. Don't overlook your general overall health. If you are overweight, lose weight. If your diet is sugar and starch, research and implement a low carb diet, it will make a world of difference. Sugar and simple carbs are detrimental on your joints and also your nervous system. I changed that part of my life and it has helped tremendously in my recovery. I cannot stress that portion enough.
7. Get out and get going! Like Steve says in this book "just do it!" Go to the gym, play a sport.
8. Overcome fear. All fear. Fear is what is keeping you where you are.
9. Keep your mind positive and have faith that you will overcome.
10. Your body wants to and was designed to be well. It can and will heal if you let it.
11. Don't by any "tms" programs. Most people selling that crap are just taking advantage of the trend.

I have not posted in a while, and while this may seem like a recovery story, it's actually more like a "recovering" story. I would say I'm about 70% better than I was 1 yr ago. I won't say I'm recovered until I'm surfing with my kids again, hopefully this will happen by the end of the summer!

AW.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000