TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Marital infidelity and TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

windy

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2016 :  12:39:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have a long ago past of having TMS in the form of fibromyalgia from 1998-2002. I applied Sarno's principles and it went away.

I recently discovered my husband was flirting online with women (at a time when I was ill with cancer - I am not looking to debate cancer vs TMS). Two weeks after this discovery I have tingling in my hands and feet. My best guess is this is TMS as I didn't do chemotherapy, and tingling is associated with withdrawal of feelings.

Anyone want to chime in or share a similar experience?

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2016 :  17:16:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is TMS. Cancer is TMS. Everything negative that obsesses you is TMS. TMS is fear. Fear gets you stuck on something, like cancer, anxiety, or pain... what obsesses you makes you affraid, what makes you affraid is TMS... unless you are obessed with something positive... such as being healthy... Your fear is doing this to you... ita had already given you cancer as a distraction... now it is giving you wird sensations, like the ones you are describbing...

Edited by - filipe on 06/05/2016 17:25:12
Go to Top of Page

vicomel

6 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2016 :  08:37:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by filipe

It is TMS. Cancer is TMS. Everything negative that obsesses you is TMS. TMS is fear. Fear gets you stuck on something, like cancer, anxiety, or pain... what obsesses you makes you affraid, what makes you affraid is TMS... unless you are obessed with something positive... such as being healthy... Your fear is doing this to you... ita had already given you cancer as a distraction... now it is giving you wird sensations, like the ones you are describbing...

I also had TMS for many years and was able to resolve the TMS about 10 years ago after reading Dr. Sarno's books. Therefore, I no longer have debilitating back pain. However, the issues that caused the stress and anger are still with me, and I came up with cancer 4 years ago. I never considered that TMS caused the cancer, but I now realize that it could have done this. Dr. Sarno gave the example that stress/anger caused ulcers in the 1930's-1950's, and that the ulcers stopped when it was recognized that stress was causing them and drugs could take care of them. Then TMS started causing back pain. If the causes of the repressed anger/stress are due to family issues that will not go away, how does one stop the TMS from causing further cancer or other negative things to ones body?

Vic
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2016 :  20:35:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think that finding your partner flirting online would cause a lot of repressed anger that in turn could cause tms easily. It is a shock to your system for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Scottydog

United Kingdom
330 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2016 :  00:28:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseball65 was a great poster several years ago when I was on here a lot.
I think some of his problems were due to marital difficulties.
If you use the search facility and search his name and put 'the' or something similar in the word search part you will bring up threads of his.
Go to Top of Page

summabody

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2016 :  11:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I notice tingling in my hands and feet are very common for me when I'm stressed out about dating...particularly when I worried my love interests were equally or more interested in other people. My solution has been to stop dating and guess what, no tingles anymore. Go figure.

It's very possible that anxiety about your relationship is causing the tingling, especially given the timing. If you want to get into body part metaphors, the feet are about "where you stand" with someone, and your hands are about what's yours, what you can hold onto. If these are both threatened by a real life circumstance, your nerves are going to act up.

Be good to yourself, and big hugs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000