TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Advice and Help Needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steve80

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2016 :  08:27:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello
I am new to the forum, although I have been experiencing back pain for one year now. I have been diagnosed with an L5/S1 herniation. According to my Ortho and Physical therapists, I do not need surgery and I am "fully functioning" as I have no neurological problems.
So, what are my problems?

I have pain most of the day in the bottom of my ankle and now in my piriformis and my hip. Last week, I had an injection for hip bursitis and I have had two steroid injections in my back. I am also seeing a psychologist for this.

Is there anyone that has overcome or is overcoming something similar to what I have using TMS that is willing to share either via the forum an email or a quick call the techniques you have used?

I really do want to heal! I am a bit conservative and have always trusted my doctors, who are now basically telling me they can't help much more.

Thanks,
Steve

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2016 :  00:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve, you're all ready healed! There is not anything physical to heal. It's your thoughts and fear that are keeping the symptoms alive. Let the symptoms come! The more you try and wish they weren't there and fight them, they stay because you're focused on them. Accept them and your mind will eventually stop causing the symptoms you fear.
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2016 :  10:58:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve80
...Last week, I had an injection for hip bursitis and I have had two steroid injections in my back. I am also seeing a psychologist for this.

These two treatment methods are contradictory. You must choose a path.

If you choose to believe the pain is due to psychological cause, then you need to stop all physical treatments.
Go to Top of Page

Skonopacki

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2016 :  09:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Steve,

What keeps me on track is rereading on a daily basis Dr. Sarno's book
The Divided Mind, pages 142-146. My brain, too, stubbornly refuses at times to redirect away from the pain. When I strongly and knowingly follow the daily study program ---and really let it sink in, and really see myself---the pain usually dematerializes. (Yesterday, though, I fell back into old habits of thinking like maybe just maybe there IS something structural that the medical folks missed---but nope...all clear). It makes for great doubt and confusion. So, I'm back to the Daily Study Program and feel more in control. Like the others have commented, it's a good idea to stay on one path at a time. I figured out for myself where I have to go in my mind to activate the "off" switch. Mental revisiting of the sources of my own inner rage/anger/fear is my key. When I suddenly am in pain, I relive a painful scene---as totally as I can---and just the focused thought away from the physical into my own inner psychological basement of accumulated junk puts me back in control. It takes focus and attention. Try one area at a time. It works most of the time. When it does not, I recall how it DID work and this helps me through the rough patch.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000