TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Can TMS cause permanent damage in a joint?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smoothd

29 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2016 :  01:47:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, my last post was like a year ago...
i still have sciatica with lower back + pelvic pain, ive changed my life completely, i found work again and moved out from my grandmothers house who took care of me when i couldnt took care of myself from severe tms...

i was abused b my mother in early life... i know i have tons of rage inside me.. outside im a nice funny guy, but im very very explosive

for almost 2.5 years now i have this pain, its a little better now then it was a year ago but not but much...

about 7 months since the pain started in my pelvic + lower pain i felt my right side of my pelvic so weak like its going to disconnect from the rest of my body... i have the same feeling everyday... if i lift my leg and put it down there are pops all over my pelvic, they are so strong it shivers my body but they are painless..

is it possible that sever oxy dep for two + years can weaken a joint and make the ligaments there incompetence?, can TMS ****ed up my SI Joint? it feels that it doesnt matter how much i try to exercise or work on myself i cant get rid of this weakness... im starting to think that its unsaleable....

Edited by - smoothd on 07/17/2016 01:51:16

summabody

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2016 :  10:51:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The pain won't actually cause damage in your joint unless you completely immobilize and the ligaments and tendons contract due to disuse. But as long as you're up and walking everyday and not bedridden for months or in a body cast you should be fine and it's just all TMS.

What might be happening in your case (and this is just an idea to ponder) is that you're consciously frustrated by the pain in the joint, and you've been trying to fix it (giving it ATTENTION). One strategy that has worked for me is to stop caring about pain or restrictions at all, on the principle that what you resist persists. The trick is to really just accept the pain and not try to fight it, break through, rehab it, favor it, give it any attention at all. If you can make strides with that, and figure out ways to divert your attention and care away from it as often as possible, it's power will fade.

This whole page is good, but particularly the segment where this TMS therapist teaches his patient how to develop "outcome independence" or just stop giving a s**t

http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program#Working_Toward_Outcome_Independence
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000