TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Weird Burning Side Pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fredamir

87 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2016 :  10:39:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Recently my mother was hospitalized due to high fever, high blood pressure, and difficulty breathing. I flew down to Santa Monica to be with her. All tests were normal and her symptoms were attributed to a virus.

Few days after my return home my mother-in-law had a stroke. I was back to the hospital in caregiving mode and now she is in a rehab center.

Few days after my mother-in-law had a stroke, on a Saturday morning I woke up with pain on the left side of my neck. I knew right away it was TMS at work. Seeing my mother and then my mother-in-law suffering had taken its toll on me. I kept fighting my neck pain mentally and physically all day. By Saturday night it was 90% better.

Then I woke up on Sunday morning with a weird burning pain sensation on the left side of my waist down to my foot. It was extremely uncomfortable. Despite all my effort it was not going away.

So I had to get on my Rapid Recovery plan and bring out the ice cream bar.

When I woke up Monday morning the weird burning pain was completely gone and I sure enjoyed my ice cream.

So why am I telling you this story?

I am asked all the time by my seminars participants and my clients if once they recover rapidly, will they be pain-free forever.

That answer is clear: it depends on the level of stress and tension in your life. So if have a stressful episode, you can have TMS symptoms.

If you expect to never have TMS symptoms, you set yourself up for a major disappointment. Dr. Sarno mentions many of his own TMS symptoms in his books, ranging from leg pain and tooth ache to digestive problems.No one is immune from this human condition.

If you understand that just as there is no such a thing as a problem-free life, you realize that there is also no such a thing as a TMS-free life, then you prepare and train yourself to deal with both as an empowered, resourceful individual.

So instead of relying on wishful thinking (I will never have pain again), you will rely on your strengths to deal with whatever life throws at you.

That way you empower yourself to stay positive, present, and powerful.

Fred Amir
Author, Speaker, Rapid Recovery Coach
www.fredamir.com

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2016 :  07:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Fred for sharing that from your real life recent experiences. I agree with you 100%. TMS is part of the human condition as the Good Doctor has said.

A question for you please, I often recommend to people to look at the Rahe-Holmes list of stressful life events for the underlying emotionally charged events that breed TMS defense mechanism symptoms. What do you think about the Rahe-Holmes list for that purpose?

Cheers,
tt
Go to Top of Page

fredamir

87 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2016 :  17:38:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tom,

Rahe-Holmes list is a fairy accurate list when it comes traumatic life events and their effects on our health.

I think it can be a really good tool to prepare ahead of time for many of them so that we can thrive instead of simply survive!

For example, knowing that death of a spouse can lead to serious illness and increased risk of death, then we need to prepare ourselves psychologically and emotionally as well as socially to handle it as best as we can.

By having faith in a higher being, a plan and purpose for our birth and death, in a life after this one, good social connection (so we do not sit home and mourn for the rest of our lives), work, hobbies, etc. we can hope that after the initial shock and mourning, we can move forward and celebrate the life of our spouse.

So goes for the other ones mentioned on the list.

That's my 2.5 cents.

Fred Amir
Author, Speaker, Rapid Recovery Coach
www.fredamir.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000