TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 lichen sclerosus TMS?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
meluveitie Posted - 11/30/2016 : 23:07:54
has anyone ever heard of lichen sclerosus or other autoimmune skin conditions being TMS equivalents?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
meluveitie Posted - 12/02/2016 : 00:02:39
Ah this looks great, feeling so relieved. Thank you Tom!
tennis tom Posted - 12/01/2016 : 23:41:31
The book is called "SKIN DEEP:A Mind/Body Program for Healthy Skin", by Ted A. Grossbart, Ph.D. and Carl Sherman, Ph.D. "Lichen simplex chronoiscus" is mentioned on pages 182-183. It reads right out of TMS/Sarno. I recommend you get the book, I bought it used on Amazon for a few bucks. It will save you a lot of dermatologist visits, time, money and emotional grief.
meluveitie Posted - 12/01/2016 : 15:47:16
I'd really appreciate that, thank you. It's an autoimmune skin condition that causes basically skin changes (lesions, fusing, etc.) of the genitals - comorbid often with vulvodynia. They think it's caused by long-term infection and hormone imbalance. It's scary as hell. I actually have some of the fusing, so I'm wondering if TMS can actually cause physical changes/damage to skin.
tennis tom Posted - 12/01/2016 : 12:42:44
quote:
Originally posted by meluveitie

I've had vulvodynia for several years... I still have them and then started having lichen sclerosus symptoms with new pain symptoms in this past year during a stressful relationship.

Do you think YOUR vulvodynia is structural or TMS? I've never heard of "lichen sclerous"??? I'm always suspicious when I hear of a new disease that may have been "invented" to fit around what may be a TMS symptom dis-ease! Like Venus William's "shogruns dis-ease", which I strongly suspect is a TMS reaction to the stresses she is under.

What is "lichen sclerous"? It sounds like something that is contracted from sitting on rocks covered in lichens .

There is a book I ordered recently that deals with the emotions and skin issues. I haven't cracked it yet, since I haven't even had a pimple in over fifty years. I'll dig it out later and give you the title.
meluveitie Posted - 12/01/2016 : 10:51:06
I've had vulvodynia for several years... I still have them and then started having lichen sclerosus symptoms with new pain symptoms in this past year during a stressful relationship.
tennis tom Posted - 12/01/2016 : 04:02:30
Just reviewed your history of starting threads here.
How have your past symptoms resolved--or have they not?
Were they TMS or not?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000