TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 lichen sclerosus TMS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

meluveitie

23 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2016 :  23:07:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has anyone ever heard of lichen sclerosus or other autoimmune skin conditions being TMS equivalents?

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  04:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just reviewed your history of starting threads here.
How have your past symptoms resolved--or have they not?
Were they TMS or not?
Go to Top of Page

meluveitie

23 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  10:51:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had vulvodynia for several years... I still have them and then started having lichen sclerosus symptoms with new pain symptoms in this past year during a stressful relationship.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  12:42:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by meluveitie

I've had vulvodynia for several years... I still have them and then started having lichen sclerosus symptoms with new pain symptoms in this past year during a stressful relationship.

Do you think YOUR vulvodynia is structural or TMS? I've never heard of "lichen sclerous"??? I'm always suspicious when I hear of a new disease that may have been "invented" to fit around what may be a TMS symptom dis-ease! Like Venus William's "shogruns dis-ease", which I strongly suspect is a TMS reaction to the stresses she is under.

What is "lichen sclerous"? It sounds like something that is contracted from sitting on rocks covered in lichens .

There is a book I ordered recently that deals with the emotions and skin issues. I haven't cracked it yet, since I haven't even had a pimple in over fifty years. I'll dig it out later and give you the title.
Go to Top of Page

meluveitie

23 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  15:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd really appreciate that, thank you. It's an autoimmune skin condition that causes basically skin changes (lesions, fusing, etc.) of the genitals - comorbid often with vulvodynia. They think it's caused by long-term infection and hormone imbalance. It's scary as hell. I actually have some of the fusing, so I'm wondering if TMS can actually cause physical changes/damage to skin.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  23:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The book is called "SKIN DEEP:A Mind/Body Program for Healthy Skin", by Ted A. Grossbart, Ph.D. and Carl Sherman, Ph.D. "Lichen simplex chronoiscus" is mentioned on pages 182-183. It reads right out of TMS/Sarno. I recommend you get the book, I bought it used on Amazon for a few bucks. It will save you a lot of dermatologist visits, time, money and emotional grief.

Edited by - tennis tom on 12/01/2016 23:45:38
Go to Top of Page

meluveitie

23 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2016 :  00:02:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah this looks great, feeling so relieved. Thank you Tom!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000