TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Torn Muscle or TMS?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
yogaluz Posted - 05/20/2010 : 15:54:39
I woke up over a week ago with what felt like a strained/torn muscle in the outer upper arm (not sure which muscle it is). I laid low for a few days expecting it to get better which it sort of did but now it's getting sore again even though I've been pretty careful with it (still doing yoga but modifying poses). I also feel some pain radiating up into my shoulder which I believe to be tension from trying to hold my arm a certain way. My question is, how long would one expect a strained muscle to hurt and when should I start looking for the TMS gremlin. I'm not stressed about it or anxious but it DOES hurt. Don't want to go to the doc.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
catspine Posted - 05/21/2010 : 23:09:01
Hi Yogaluz
Do you have any reason to suspect a torn/strained muscle? I mean that hurts pretty bad and you probably would have noticed when it happened.
A nurse taught me once to put a big cotton ball soaked with rubbing alcohol 70% on it holding it in place with a bandage and renew the application every 4 hours for a couple of days if it is a torn or bruised muscle.
I used this method successfully a dozen time the sharp pain usually went away after a few days and then it was sore for an other week and a half or so. If you haven't done it yet first you may want to see your physician asap of course especially if the pain persist or increases. If it happens to be TMS the approach mentioned above would probably not work for it.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000