TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Torn Muscle or TMS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogaluz

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  15:54:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I woke up over a week ago with what felt like a strained/torn muscle in the outer upper arm (not sure which muscle it is). I laid low for a few days expecting it to get better which it sort of did but now it's getting sore again even though I've been pretty careful with it (still doing yoga but modifying poses). I also feel some pain radiating up into my shoulder which I believe to be tension from trying to hold my arm a certain way. My question is, how long would one expect a strained muscle to hurt and when should I start looking for the TMS gremlin. I'm not stressed about it or anxious but it DOES hurt. Don't want to go to the doc.

catspine

USA
239 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  23:09:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Yogaluz
Do you have any reason to suspect a torn/strained muscle? I mean that hurts pretty bad and you probably would have noticed when it happened.
A nurse taught me once to put a big cotton ball soaked with rubbing alcohol 70% on it holding it in place with a bandage and renew the application every 4 hours for a couple of days if it is a torn or bruised muscle.
I used this method successfully a dozen time the sharp pain usually went away after a few days and then it was sore for an other week and a half or so. If you haven't done it yet first you may want to see your physician asap of course especially if the pain persist or increases. If it happens to be TMS the approach mentioned above would probably not work for it.

Edited by - catspine on 05/21/2010 23:09:55
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000