TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 tennis elbow

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Felicity Posted - 09/10/2006 : 08:43:41
I had suffered TMS for 5 years in my arms. After reading Sarno, using this site and working on myself I became completely pain free for a period of 6 months. This was the best 6 months ever. I was working hard in the garden and the gym and then out of the blue tennis elbow developed in both arms. Four weeks later it was somewhat better I then did some yoga which upset the condition and inflamed the tendons under the elbow so now have tennis and golfers elbow on both arms!

This flare up was 5 weeks ago. So far no improvement.

Is this too soon to assume that this is TMS back again. How long should I wait before I can be sure that it is.

Does anyone have any experience of how long tennis/golfers elbow (real not TMS) takes to heal?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
redskater Posted - 09/10/2006 : 16:28:19
I got mine in one arm from doing a stretch for my back. It took a year and a half for it to go away. 1 yr. after finding Sarno. I noticed that when I played golf this weekend I had no pain. It was def. TMS. Sometimes it takes a while for your mind to give it up. I just didn't let it interfere with sports and it eventually went away. Yours will too.

Gaye
tennis tom Posted - 09/10/2006 : 09:21:13
Sounds like yours is from overuse that allowed TMS to invade. Sarno says that a fracture of the femur, the biggest bone in the body, heals stronger than new in 30 days, I believe. Real injuries, blood and guts tears that you can pin-point the moment they occured to, usually take two weeks to a month to heal. That's a very general timetable from my personal experience with many running and tennis injuries.

Since the onset of yours, was, "out of the blue", I would tend to think it's TMS. I would go to page 26, of THE MINDBODY PRESCRIPTION, and look at the Rahe-Holmes list of life's strssful situations that cause psychosomatic "dis-ease". Pick out the stressful situations that you may be experiencing that are coincident to your current TMS flareup.
altherunner Posted - 09/10/2006 : 09:11:56
I had tennis and golfer's elbow, along with back and neck pain, for years. I suspect that having this simultaneously in both arms is a sure sign of tms. How could you have the same injury in two separate areas coincidentally? I had therapy on the phone with Dr. Don Dubin, and he told me that if you are cured, then have a re-occurence, that 90% of the time it is because of childhood issues. This was true, in my case. Whatever lately has caused stress, just pushes you over the top again. I think that a real case of tendonitis in the elbow can occur in a baseball pitcher playing too many games, putting a strain that could tear a tendon, or similar extreme stress. From what I have read,most elbow "injuries" are tms.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000