TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 tennis elbow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Felicity

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  08:43:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had suffered TMS for 5 years in my arms. After reading Sarno, using this site and working on myself I became completely pain free for a period of 6 months. This was the best 6 months ever. I was working hard in the garden and the gym and then out of the blue tennis elbow developed in both arms. Four weeks later it was somewhat better I then did some yoga which upset the condition and inflamed the tendons under the elbow so now have tennis and golfers elbow on both arms!

This flare up was 5 weeks ago. So far no improvement.

Is this too soon to assume that this is TMS back again. How long should I wait before I can be sure that it is.

Does anyone have any experience of how long tennis/golfers elbow (real not TMS) takes to heal?

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  09:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had tennis and golfer's elbow, along with back and neck pain, for years. I suspect that having this simultaneously in both arms is a sure sign of tms. How could you have the same injury in two separate areas coincidentally? I had therapy on the phone with Dr. Don Dubin, and he told me that if you are cured, then have a re-occurence, that 90% of the time it is because of childhood issues. This was true, in my case. Whatever lately has caused stress, just pushes you over the top again. I think that a real case of tendonitis in the elbow can occur in a baseball pitcher playing too many games, putting a strain that could tear a tendon, or similar extreme stress. From what I have read,most elbow "injuries" are tms.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  09:21:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like yours is from overuse that allowed TMS to invade. Sarno says that a fracture of the femur, the biggest bone in the body, heals stronger than new in 30 days, I believe. Real injuries, blood and guts tears that you can pin-point the moment they occured to, usually take two weeks to a month to heal. That's a very general timetable from my personal experience with many running and tennis injuries.

Since the onset of yours, was, "out of the blue", I would tend to think it's TMS. I would go to page 26, of THE MINDBODY PRESCRIPTION, and look at the Rahe-Holmes list of life's strssful situations that cause psychosomatic "dis-ease". Pick out the stressful situations that you may be experiencing that are coincident to your current TMS flareup.
Go to Top of Page

redskater

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  16:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got mine in one arm from doing a stretch for my back. It took a year and a half for it to go away. 1 yr. after finding Sarno. I noticed that when I played golf this weekend I had no pain. It was def. TMS. Sometimes it takes a while for your mind to give it up. I just didn't let it interfere with sports and it eventually went away. Yours will too.

Gaye
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000