TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Any stenosis success stories?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Redsandro Posted - 09/28/2007 : 15:51:13
Hi,

I know someone who developped stenosis. I suspect it's TMS. I decided to search for success stories on this forum, but I cannot seem to find any.

Has anyone ever 'cured' stenosis the Sarno way?

Allan Posted - 10/01/2007 : 17:19:47
Search on "spinal stenosis" under "Maryalma8"

Another success story.

Allan.
hiffer Posted - 10/01/2007 : 06:40:37
I was also diagnosed with spinal stenosis. Most days it was impossible to walk upright. Prior to knowing about Sarno, I had the surgery. After about 8 months of rest and some rehab, I was up and running again.I considered the surgery a success. Two years later, my initial back symptoms reappeared and gradually got worse. I stumbled upon Sarno information ( and Allan's comments in an Amazon book review---it was important to me at the time because Allan's diagnosis was the same as mine) and, within 2 months, was 'cured'.

I have had numerous TMS equivalents but my back has never bothered me again.
Redsandro Posted - 09/29/2007 : 15:42:27
Thanks, Allan, that's what I was looking for. Since I have no 'talking myself out of stenosis'* experience, I was kind of hesitating to suggest TMS to a person suffering severe stenosis.

* I'm absolutely not suggesting that it's as easy as it sounds. I 'talked myself out of RSI' and it took several months.

Allan Posted - 09/29/2007 : 15:26:22
I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, that is, the spinal cord causing pain by being in contact with calcium deposits on the verterbrae. I was in severe pain and walked with a cane.

I had seen several doctors and was scheduled for a lamineactomy of S-4 and S-5 verterbrae to relieve the pressure.

I read Dr. Sarno's, Healing Back Pain, which had a direct reference to spinal stenosis as being TMS. I was "cured."

I never had the surgery and that was seven years ago.

I must say that having a TMS doctor look at the MRI and tell me that I was fine, helped.

Allan
sensei adam rostocki Posted - 09/28/2007 : 19:50:38
In most cases, there is nothing at all to cure. Spinal stenosis is often a normal part of the aging process commonly associated with degenerative changes in the spine. The vast majority of cases are not symptomatic in any way, although they often act as a scapegoat on which back pain is blamed. (just like herniated discs, pinched nerves, spondylolisthesis, etc, etc) The point is that stenosis is rarely problematic.

CURE-BACK-PAIN(dot)ORG

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000