TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Any stenosis success stories?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Redsandro

Netherlands
217 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  15:51:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I know someone who developped stenosis. I suspect it's TMS. I decided to search for success stories on this forum, but I cannot seem to find any.

Has anyone ever 'cured' stenosis the Sarno way?

sensei adam rostocki

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  19:50:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In most cases, there is nothing at all to cure. Spinal stenosis is often a normal part of the aging process commonly associated with degenerative changes in the spine. The vast majority of cases are not symptomatic in any way, although they often act as a scapegoat on which back pain is blamed. (just like herniated discs, pinched nerves, spondylolisthesis, etc, etc) The point is that stenosis is rarely problematic.

CURE-BACK-PAIN(dot)ORG

Edited by - sensei adam rostocki on 09/28/2007 19:53:27
Go to Top of Page

Allan

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  15:26:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, that is, the spinal cord causing pain by being in contact with calcium deposits on the verterbrae. I was in severe pain and walked with a cane.

I had seen several doctors and was scheduled for a lamineactomy of S-4 and S-5 verterbrae to relieve the pressure.

I read Dr. Sarno's, Healing Back Pain, which had a direct reference to spinal stenosis as being TMS. I was "cured."

I never had the surgery and that was seven years ago.

I must say that having a TMS doctor look at the MRI and tell me that I was fine, helped.

Allan
Go to Top of Page

Redsandro

Netherlands
217 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  15:42:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Allan, that's what I was looking for. Since I have no 'talking myself out of stenosis'* experience, I was kind of hesitating to suggest TMS to a person suffering severe stenosis.

* I'm absolutely not suggesting that it's as easy as it sounds. I 'talked myself out of RSI' and it took several months.

hiffer

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  06:40:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was also diagnosed with spinal stenosis. Most days it was impossible to walk upright. Prior to knowing about Sarno, I had the surgery. After about 8 months of rest and some rehab, I was up and running again.I considered the surgery a success. Two years later, my initial back symptoms reappeared and gradually got worse. I stumbled upon Sarno information ( and Allan's comments in an Amazon book review---it was important to me at the time because Allan's diagnosis was the same as mine) and, within 2 months, was 'cured'.

I have had numerous TMS equivalents but my back has never bothered me again.
Go to Top of Page

Allan

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  17:19:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Search on "spinal stenosis" under "Maryalma8"

Another success story.

Allan.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly