TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Ongoing Fibromyalgia

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Erata Posted - 11/19/2008 : 08:52:45
I wish I’d found this site earlier, but better late than never. I think it's a great site because people are so supportive as well as challenging.

I’ve was diagnosed with a herniated disc 23 years ago, PTSD, 18 years ago, Fibromyalgia about 14 years ago and, finally, TMS by a TMS physician in 2001.

I’m living with a lot of unresolved stress and continue to suffer physically with Fibromyalgia symptoms and realize that I have always been in a hyper aroused state of fight or flight from the time I was a child and just know no other way to be. I have a classic history of Sarno symptoms throughout childhood and adulthood and fit the psychological profile. In the late 1970’s a psychologist observed that I respond physically to stress.

I live in a rural area and have limited financial means. I’ve been in therapy, but, though I explained the syndrome to my therapist, and directed her to Sarno’s books, I don’t think she quite ‘got it’, since she continued to recommend alternative therapies, rather than addressing the cause. Most of my repressed rage is tied to horrific abuse and crimes, and I understand this, but struggle with how to recover with so many repressed memories.

My question is if there are others with TMS linked to Complex PTSD and if they have a difficult time resolving their symptoms, and if they have suggestions to offer, or books which deal with this.

Also, I feel like a ‘symptom sponge’ in that I tend to exhibit symptoms I read about, or have been suggested to me by physicians. I think this may be, and I know this may sound bizarre, but I believe my mother has a form of ’Munchausen-By-Proxy because as children, my siblings and I were encouraged to be sick, always attended by doctors, and she has continued to literally ruin the health of my younger brother and my nephew. I digress, and I don’t expect that many people can relate to this, but if anyone else is familiar with how this can impact TMS, I’d feel less alone.

I feel like a failure in that I haven’t been able to get well, even though, intellectually, I understand the process. Any suggestions and feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Scottydog Posted - 11/19/2008 : 14:43:29
quote:
Also, I feel like a ‘symptom sponge’ in that I tend to exhibit symptoms I read about, or have been suggested to me by physicians.

I think this is a problem of the western world, not just you.

And please don't feel like a failure just because you understand where Dr Sarno is coming from but still have symptoms. You have had health problems for years - they won't be fixed overnight but from the tone of your post you are on the way. Keep journalling and don't think you must have 'someone', a doctor or therapist, to cure you. You can make great progress on your own.
Anne

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000