TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Free Teleclass Offering

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AbSteidley Posted - 02/14/2009 : 10:52:36
Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forum, but keep hearing about it from my clients. I thought I'd better get my act together and finally join. I had the "diagnoses" of vulvodynia and interstitial cystitis, but dealt with them both as mind-body-syndromes with great success. I was so thrilled to have learned about TMS and mind-body healing in general! What a relief. I ended up getting really into it and merged it into my professional life as a "life" coach. (I know, I know, what a cheesy title.) Now I am a mind-body health coach, and I work with clients who want to try a mind-body approach but want some guidance/help structuring it. I remember feeling frustrated with Sarno's books because he didn't give a lot of tools. I used Dr. Schecter's workbook myself, and then a lot of other tools I researched. One of the things I hope to do as a coach is help others put the mind-body concept into action, and to let people know that pelvic pain issues can be mind-body syndromes, too.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I wanted to let you all know that you're welcome to come visit my blog, where I do a lot of writing and have lots of resources you might enjoy or find helpful. This week, I'm offering a free telecourse on mind-body tools Thursday evening, so if you want to join in, you are welcome. It will be recorded, so you can register to get a recording if you can't make the live class.

Now that I'm a member of the forum, I'll pop in and let you know about free things like this so you can take advantage of them. I have done a little collaboration with Dr. Schubiner, so on my blog site you can listen to an interview we did together, for example.

The blog site is: http://vulvodyniacoach.wordpress.com.

Hope it's okay to post a link - I saw that Monte did, so I'm assuming it's okay. Also, feel free to email me anytime if you have any questions.

Great to be here, finally!

Abigail

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AbSteidley Posted - 02/15/2009 : 12:08:02
I just learned that I didn't read Monte's post carefully enough - he posted an email only. So, really sorry. I've probably disobeyed the rules already! Sheesh. This comes from my typical leap before I look way of living!

Love that sarcasm, though!
skizzik Posted - 02/14/2009 : 17:07:34
quote:
Originally posted by AbSteidley

Hope it's okay to post a link

How dare you come here and post a link where some might find relief from horrible chronic pain!
Curiosity18 Posted - 02/14/2009 : 15:54:39
I just wanted to let folks know that Abigail's work has been a tremendous help to me. She has a very positive and practical way of applying mind-body healing strategies that can really benefit those who are in a "stuck" cycle, like myself. I would encourage anyone who is continuing to struggle with TMS to visit her blog and watch the telecourse.

Hope all is well-
Curiosity

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000