TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Free Teleclass Offering
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AbSteidley

10 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  10:52:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forum, but keep hearing about it from my clients. I thought I'd better get my act together and finally join. I had the "diagnoses" of vulvodynia and interstitial cystitis, but dealt with them both as mind-body-syndromes with great success. I was so thrilled to have learned about TMS and mind-body healing in general! What a relief. I ended up getting really into it and merged it into my professional life as a "life" coach. (I know, I know, what a cheesy title.) Now I am a mind-body health coach, and I work with clients who want to try a mind-body approach but want some guidance/help structuring it. I remember feeling frustrated with Sarno's books because he didn't give a lot of tools. I used Dr. Schecter's workbook myself, and then a lot of other tools I researched. One of the things I hope to do as a coach is help others put the mind-body concept into action, and to let people know that pelvic pain issues can be mind-body syndromes, too.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I wanted to let you all know that you're welcome to come visit my blog, where I do a lot of writing and have lots of resources you might enjoy or find helpful. This week, I'm offering a free telecourse on mind-body tools Thursday evening, so if you want to join in, you are welcome. It will be recorded, so you can register to get a recording if you can't make the live class.

Now that I'm a member of the forum, I'll pop in and let you know about free things like this so you can take advantage of them. I have done a little collaboration with Dr. Schubiner, so on my blog site you can listen to an interview we did together, for example.

The blog site is: http://vulvodyniacoach.wordpress.com.

Hope it's okay to post a link - I saw that Monte did, so I'm assuming it's okay. Also, feel free to email me anytime if you have any questions.

Great to be here, finally!

Abigail

Curiosity18

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  15:54:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to let folks know that Abigail's work has been a tremendous help to me. She has a very positive and practical way of applying mind-body healing strategies that can really benefit those who are in a "stuck" cycle, like myself. I would encourage anyone who is continuing to struggle with TMS to visit her blog and watch the telecourse.

Hope all is well-
Curiosity
Go to Top of Page

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  17:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AbSteidley

Hope it's okay to post a link

How dare you come here and post a link where some might find relief from horrible chronic pain!
Go to Top of Page

AbSteidley

10 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  12:08:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just learned that I didn't read Monte's post carefully enough - he posted an email only. So, really sorry. I've probably disobeyed the rules already! Sheesh. This comes from my typical leap before I look way of living!

Love that sarcasm, though!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000