TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 IT band syndrome

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ssb Posted - 09/21/2009 : 21:54:56
Hey folks,

I know there's a great thread on people who have had knee pain and success stories, but I'd love to hear from anyone who specifically had so-called IT band issues.

I had a very intense bout of TMS manifesting as RSI about 5 years ago, in my late twenties. Over a period of about 5 months I went from being perfectly healthy to having constant bilateral pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness in both hands and arms. I had to take a leave from my job and move in with my mother just to get by. At month 6 I discovered Sarno, and was mostly pain free within about 10 days. Since then, I've been pain free for five years and have been able to help several friends recover from knee pain, back pain and RSI using Sarno's concepts. I'm so grateful to him!

Recently while training for a half marathon, I had sudden onset, intense pain that looks like ITBS. I'm sure that it's TMS, in part because I have very similar stresses in my life this year to when I had my first bout of TMS. I'm re-reading the books and doing what Sarno suggests, but I have some nagging doubts and I'd love to hear from anyone who had ITB issues that turned out to be TMS.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HilaryN Posted - 09/23/2009 : 05:54:45
Hi ssb,

There are a couple of stories on the TMS wiki:

IT Band Success Stories

Hilary N

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000