TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 IT band syndrome
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ssb

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  21:54:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey folks,

I know there's a great thread on people who have had knee pain and success stories, but I'd love to hear from anyone who specifically had so-called IT band issues.

I had a very intense bout of TMS manifesting as RSI about 5 years ago, in my late twenties. Over a period of about 5 months I went from being perfectly healthy to having constant bilateral pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness in both hands and arms. I had to take a leave from my job and move in with my mother just to get by. At month 6 I discovered Sarno, and was mostly pain free within about 10 days. Since then, I've been pain free for five years and have been able to help several friends recover from knee pain, back pain and RSI using Sarno's concepts. I'm so grateful to him!

Recently while training for a half marathon, I had sudden onset, intense pain that looks like ITBS. I'm sure that it's TMS, in part because I have very similar stresses in my life this year to when I had my first bout of TMS. I'm re-reading the books and doing what Sarno suggests, but I have some nagging doubts and I'd love to hear from anyone who had ITB issues that turned out to be TMS.

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2009 :  05:54:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ssb,

There are a couple of stories on the TMS wiki:

IT Band Success Stories

Hilary N

Edited by - HilaryN on 09/24/2009 11:36:46
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic