TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 biceps curl pain

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cecowe Posted - 03/20/2014 : 09:51:29
There is a sharp pain while im doing barbel curl. Sometimes in the left forearm, some. times the pain is in the right. The pain appears only when im doing this exercise. The feeling is like it is going to break the bone of the forearm. If the grip is pronated there is no pain.
Also there is a pain in this point when touching harder.

Thanks
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
icelikeaninja Posted - 03/12/2015 : 17:12:43
I agree with TT, I am also a pro wrestler in my free time and the things I do to my back would make anybody flinch.

No back problems at all :) But some weird RSI stuff going on. I am so prone to knowing that back pain is such a mind body experience so much so that it the only symptom I do not get.

I had a convo with Steveo who use to write alot on here btw. He is also an avid weight lifter and mentioned the psychology behind our types who want to look bigger and stronger than the "normal" people. He mentioned something to the affect that we have a constant need to look better and that is our type of TMS personality.

But back to the subject. I am working through the RSI. I took a few days off and that didnt help. Where and when I feel the RSI mostly in the morning or random times while holding the phone makes me know it is 100 percent tms. When I workout and lift heavy or light I have no RSI feeling at all.

Have you read any books yet? Seems like you are still focused to much on the symptom.

**Sure I can lay down on a bed of nails and not have pain but why am I having back pain when laying down on a soft mattress?
tennis tom Posted - 03/11/2015 : 10:27:40
The term "killing your back" is contrary to Sarno thinking. The back is strong--it's the mind that's weak. Sarno said "If it's too heavy too lift--you couldn't lift it."
cecowe Posted - 03/11/2015 : 08:33:13
I was thinking the same for deadlift, that it would kill my back. This is why Im asking. I dont know someone in my gym who feels this pain even he (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtBUrLTiQfQ).
I had this chronic pain from 7-8 year only when Im doing this exercise (sometimes there is no pain).
Dave Posted - 03/09/2015 : 09:15:42
Not really sure what you are asking.

You are performing a strenuous exercise that causes pain. You have found a method to perform the exercise without causing pain (pronated grip).

So, why would you continue to perform an exercise in a manner that causes pain?

It is possible to strain your muscles. Chances are if the pain is in exactly the same place due to a specific exercise, that is what you have done. If the pain should persist after a period of rest, or come and go at seemingly random times, then you might consider it TMS.

Bottom line, if you do something and it hurts, don't overthink it. Stop doing it.
icelikeaninja Posted - 03/07/2015 : 22:46:21
You keep answering your own questions. See a tms dr if you cant convince yourself.

**Sure I can lay down on a bed of nails and not have pain but why am I having back pain when laying down on a soft mattress?
cecowe Posted - 03/07/2015 : 02:39:00
I mean is it possible to feel pain (TMS) in the both sides for ex. in the arms/wrists etc etc in the same time? IM 100% sure its tms but...
icelikeaninja Posted - 03/06/2015 : 16:42:32
also you can search for every problem and every forum and find what you are looking for.

icelikeaninja Posted - 03/06/2015 : 16:41:18
As a bodybuilder I always have pains here and there.

When Ive had pain like this I usually take a week off and if its still there I might get it checked out but usually a week off does it.

If pain is moving around or switching from side to side I know its TMS and I keep working and not let it bother me.

While I dont 100 percent agree with Sarno on the lifting things it is possible to tear a muscle while still lifting heavy. But even that pain would go away after a few weeks and would look like more of a distortion in your arm than an actual feeling.

I have been having very bad RSI but I believe its 100 percent TMS.

Read one of Sarnos books on your week off from the gym.

cecowe Posted - 03/06/2015 : 13:36:02
Is it possible to feel pain in both arms (in the exact the same places) and be TMS?
tennis tom Posted - 03/22/2014 : 06:25:02
Cecowe, Have you read a TMS book? You may be at the wrong forum.
cecowe Posted - 03/22/2014 : 04:29:55
Ive searched for this problem in many lifting forum and its a common problem when curling a barbell. But we can say the same thing for the lower back pain.

For ex.: forum . bodybuilding . com/showthread.php?t=146434643
Trigger or what?
tennis tom Posted - 03/21/2014 : 21:50:00
quote:
Originally posted by cecowe

Can it be by lifting too much weigth? Or something like imbalance between forearm and biceps?

No, I don't think so, if you want to see huge forearm/upper-arm muscle imbalance, look at the arms of tennis players like the Aussies Rod Laver and Ken Rosewall. They had huge forearms in comparison to their bicep/triceps.
tennis tom Posted - 03/21/2014 : 12:12:03
No, according to the Good Doc: If it's too heavy to lift, you couldn't lift it. TMS is about the muscles between your ears, not your arms. If it's TMS the imbalance is between your conscious and your subconscious. Think emotional, how are things between you and your g.f. stuff--or between you and your gf and your wife stuff--or your gf, your wife and your parents stuff, etc., etc., etc.
cecowe Posted - 03/21/2014 : 08:17:07
Can it be by lifting too much weigth? Or something like imbalance between forearm and biceps?
tennis tom Posted - 03/20/2014 : 11:02:47
quote:

...Sometimes in the left forearm, some. times the pain is in the right.
... The feeling is like it is going to break the bone of the forearm.

As always get checked out by a doctor to see if it's anything serious. Pain shifting from side to side is a hallmark for TMS.

Dr. Sarno said if it's too heavy to lift, you wouldn't be able to lift it.

G'luck!

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

cecowe Posted - 03/20/2014 : 10:42:46
quote:

There is a sharp pain while im doing barbel curl. Sometimes in the left forearm, some. times the pain is in the right. The pain appears only when im doing this exercise. The feeling is like it is going to break the bone of the forearm. If the grip is pronated there is no pain.
Also there is a pain in this point when touching harder. This ache is appearing from 6 years
Thanks

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000