TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Epstein-Barr

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marytabby Posted - 07/14/2005 : 09:22:22
I know Sarno mentions Epstein-Barr in MBP as another disorder that is gaining more attention in the TMS arena. Anyone here had Epstein-Barr as part of TMS or can anyone share any knowledge? Thanks.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
drziggles Posted - 07/17/2005 : 18:49:52
Yes, a majority of people have EBV at some point in their lives. The blood tests look at two types of antibodies, one (IgM) detects recent infection, the other (IgG) for past infection. If the test was positive for IgG, it only means you had it at some point as a flu-like illness. It doesn't mean anything about any current symptoms one would be having.
art Posted - 07/17/2005 : 16:33:52
Isn't E-B one of those things that a fairly high percentage of the pop. tests positive for?
marytabby Posted - 07/17/2005 : 04:17:49
My bloodwork came back positive for EB this week. I asked my doctor what I should do and he said just live healthily.
drziggles Posted - 07/16/2005 : 20:20:19
In most cases, people use the term "Epstein-Barr" (which is the virus that causes mono) to refer to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. One theory posits that a chronic form of EBV is a cause of CFS, but the evidence is weak at best. Sarno suggests that CFS may be a form of TMS, and I, for one, believe that as well...

Again, it's important to have a full medical workup to look for other treatable causes, but if you are left with a diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, you should consider the possibliity of TMS. Reading Sarno's book with an open mind is worth your time... Good luck.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000