TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Epstein-Barr
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  09:22:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know Sarno mentions Epstein-Barr in MBP as another disorder that is gaining more attention in the TMS arena. Anyone here had Epstein-Barr as part of TMS or can anyone share any knowledge? Thanks.

Edited by - marytabby on 07/14/2005 11:04:47

drziggles

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  20:20:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In most cases, people use the term "Epstein-Barr" (which is the virus that causes mono) to refer to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. One theory posits that a chronic form of EBV is a cause of CFS, but the evidence is weak at best. Sarno suggests that CFS may be a form of TMS, and I, for one, believe that as well...

Again, it's important to have a full medical workup to look for other treatable causes, but if you are left with a diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, you should consider the possibliity of TMS. Reading Sarno's book with an open mind is worth your time... Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  04:17:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My bloodwork came back positive for EB this week. I asked my doctor what I should do and he said just live healthily.
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  16:33:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't E-B one of those things that a fairly high percentage of the pop. tests positive for?
Go to Top of Page

drziggles

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  18:49:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, a majority of people have EBV at some point in their lives. The blood tests look at two types of antibodies, one (IgM) detects recent infection, the other (IgG) for past infection. If the test was positive for IgG, it only means you had it at some point as a flu-like illness. It doesn't mean anything about any current symptoms one would be having.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000