TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 I'm so glad I found this!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
enlightenment-bound Posted - 10/13/2005 : 20:39:09
I can't tell you all how glad I am to find this TMS forum. I read Sarno about 6 years ago, and it made sense, but I didn't follow through. Now I'm determined and won't stop. I have several questions, if anyone knows the answers.
I've quit taking all antiflammatories and pain meds. However, I have been taking an antidepressant for anxiety and 1-2 mg. of xanax for several years, not for pain but for general anxiety and panic attacks. Of course I know there is great interconnectedness here, but I haven't read anything in Sarno or elsewhere about these two drugs. Anyone out there know? And whoever posted the 12 daily reminders, thank you! I have Sarno's other book but not this one. I will be getting it tho. Thanks to all.
Why did I pick such a looooooong username??????
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pault Posted - 10/16/2005 : 05:46:29
E-B ,I think it would be o.k. to stop the meds except for the anti-depression drugs,that takes time to do,and it may cause confusion with the tms. Best to wait and do one at a time. Paul.
cindy_gail Posted - 10/14/2005 : 13:12:35
Thank you Peter. I changed my long username from enlightenment-bound. It was so nice to hear from someone who could site page and verse regarding depression and anxiety. I can see why the books need reading and re-reading.
Cindy
n/a Posted - 10/14/2005 : 06:47:59
Welcome to the board.

In fact, according to Dr. Sarno, anxiety and depression are equivalents of TMS. See page 30 of his book "The Mind Body Prescription." In a nutshell, he believes that these serve the function of distracting us from underlying and threatening emotions. The psyche, he says, is eclectic in its choice of distractors.

I have been thinking how my brain fools me in linking certain movements with pain in order to get meto think that my problem is physical, and how that I- even unconsciously - try to avoid doing things in order to pain avoid. In doing so, however, I am sending a message back my brian, regardless of what I may be saying with my mouth, that I do believe I have a physical problem. It is a dilemma, and one of the main reasons it is important to resume all normal physical activity as soon as possible. I know this is not easy...

As for not taking your meds that will have to be an individual choice which you should discuss with your doctor.

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery!!!!

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000