TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 I'm so glad I found this!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enlightenment-bound

1 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  20:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't tell you all how glad I am to find this TMS forum. I read Sarno about 6 years ago, and it made sense, but I didn't follow through. Now I'm determined and won't stop. I have several questions, if anyone knows the answers.
I've quit taking all antiflammatories and pain meds. However, I have been taking an antidepressant for anxiety and 1-2 mg. of xanax for several years, not for pain but for general anxiety and panic attacks. Of course I know there is great interconnectedness here, but I haven't read anything in Sarno or elsewhere about these two drugs. Anyone out there know? And whoever posted the 12 daily reminders, thank you! I have Sarno's other book but not this one. I will be getting it tho. Thanks to all.
Why did I pick such a looooooong username??????

n/a

560 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  06:47:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the board.

In fact, according to Dr. Sarno, anxiety and depression are equivalents of TMS. See page 30 of his book "The Mind Body Prescription." In a nutshell, he believes that these serve the function of distracting us from underlying and threatening emotions. The psyche, he says, is eclectic in its choice of distractors.

I have been thinking how my brain fools me in linking certain movements with pain in order to get meto think that my problem is physical, and how that I- even unconsciously - try to avoid doing things in order to pain avoid. In doing so, however, I am sending a message back my brian, regardless of what I may be saying with my mouth, that I do believe I have a physical problem. It is a dilemma, and one of the main reasons it is important to resume all normal physical activity as soon as possible. I know this is not easy...

As for not taking your meds that will have to be an individual choice which you should discuss with your doctor.

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery!!!!

Edited by - n/a on 10/14/2005 06:58:08
Go to Top of Page

cindy_gail

22 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  13:12:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Peter. I changed my long username from enlightenment-bound. It was so nice to hear from someone who could site page and verse regarding depression and anxiety. I can see why the books need reading and re-reading.
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

pault

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  05:46:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
E-B ,I think it would be o.k. to stop the meds except for the anti-depression drugs,that takes time to do,and it may cause confusion with the tms. Best to wait and do one at a time. Paul.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000