TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 The role of nutrition and supplements in TMS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
iyusaf Posted - 02/21/2008 : 13:22:52
I remember Dr. Sarno saying many years ago during a lecture that you should eat whatever you want. However, I think many would agree that nutrition must have a long-term negative or positive impact on health. In addition, supplements, like conventional medicines, may have a role in some acute health problems. I believe this is more relevant for non-muscular symptoms like immune system related ones.

For example, I recently spoke with a holistic M.D. who prescribed a Pro-biotic, Vitamin D, and an herbal mixture for a persistent cough left over from a mostly resolved bout of pneumonia. I am inclined to think that the cough was TMS since it converted to severe back pain within a few days. Back pain resolved quickly once I got back to basics.

I would like to pose the following question -- what is the role of nutrition and supplements, if any, in TMS? Thanks in advance for any comments.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
armchairlinguist Posted - 02/21/2008 : 13:42:26
None for TMS specifically, in my opinion.

For general health, one should eat a balanced, nutritious diet and avoid micronutrient (vitamin/mineral) deficiencies, with supplements if necessary.

I think Dr. Sarno's advice is aimed at those who think they have allergies or intolerances, not so much to say "Go ahead and eat McDonands for every meal".

--
It's not 100% belief that's required, but 100% commitment.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000