TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 The role of nutrition and supplements in TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iyusaf

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  13:22:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember Dr. Sarno saying many years ago during a lecture that you should eat whatever you want. However, I think many would agree that nutrition must have a long-term negative or positive impact on health. In addition, supplements, like conventional medicines, may have a role in some acute health problems. I believe this is more relevant for non-muscular symptoms like immune system related ones.

For example, I recently spoke with a holistic M.D. who prescribed a Pro-biotic, Vitamin D, and an herbal mixture for a persistent cough left over from a mostly resolved bout of pneumonia. I am inclined to think that the cough was TMS since it converted to severe back pain within a few days. Back pain resolved quickly once I got back to basics.

I would like to pose the following question -- what is the role of nutrition and supplements, if any, in TMS? Thanks in advance for any comments.

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  13:42:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
None for TMS specifically, in my opinion.

For general health, one should eat a balanced, nutritious diet and avoid micronutrient (vitamin/mineral) deficiencies, with supplements if necessary.

I think Dr. Sarno's advice is aimed at those who think they have allergies or intolerances, not so much to say "Go ahead and eat McDonands for every meal".

--
It's not 100% belief that's required, but 100% commitment.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000