TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 Back and Leg Pain

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cakeflowfatt Posted - 01/05/2013 : 11:31:17
My story - Thanks for sharing everyone. Posting this is another step for me in the healing process.

I had a family history of back problems. My father had back surgery which I don't consciously remember
but was told about later. He suffered through typical bouts of back pain after that
eventually propping himself up with girdle like thing.

My troubles started when I was in my 20s. At the time I was working full time and was in a
relationship. It was a stressful relationship. I "threw out" my lower back. Certain positions were very
painful. My GP asked me a few things and determined it was nothing serious.
Sent me off with some antiinflammatorys (which did nothing in my case).
I was ok after a few days but problems would reoccur over the next 15 years. In these years I would also
get those annoying lesser issues like neck/shoulder/upper back pain (from sleeping/washin my hair etc).
In my 40s I got married and had my first child rather quickly. About a year after our first my wife became
pregnant again. About this time I developed leg pain. This time my pain would radiate from my hip and
would go down my right leg.
I would limp after a few minutes of walking. My GP at the time did the logical thing. Asked me to bend
to touch my toes (which I did with little pain) and as I sat on the exam table lifted my legs (no pain).
This was pre-TMS for me so I didnt accept his diagnosis. I began looking for back doctors. Before I could make
an appointment a family member gave me Dr Sarno's book. Just the idea that life stresses could be causing my problem
made perfect sense to me and immediately decreased my pain. I read the book and over the next few months
my problem subsided. I still have work to do. I get small bouts of re-occurences but not near the level I had before.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rose12 Posted - 03/02/2017 : 11:14:16
Massage back and leg with alcohol can relieve the pain a lot.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000