TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 Back and Leg Pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cakeflowfatt

28 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  11:31:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My story - Thanks for sharing everyone. Posting this is another step for me in the healing process.

I had a family history of back problems. My father had back surgery which I don't consciously remember
but was told about later. He suffered through typical bouts of back pain after that
eventually propping himself up with girdle like thing.

My troubles started when I was in my 20s. At the time I was working full time and was in a
relationship. It was a stressful relationship. I "threw out" my lower back. Certain positions were very
painful. My GP asked me a few things and determined it was nothing serious.
Sent me off with some antiinflammatorys (which did nothing in my case).
I was ok after a few days but problems would reoccur over the next 15 years. In these years I would also
get those annoying lesser issues like neck/shoulder/upper back pain (from sleeping/washin my hair etc).
In my 40s I got married and had my first child rather quickly. About a year after our first my wife became
pregnant again. About this time I developed leg pain. This time my pain would radiate from my hip and
would go down my right leg.
I would limp after a few minutes of walking. My GP at the time did the logical thing. Asked me to bend
to touch my toes (which I did with little pain) and as I sat on the exam table lifted my legs (no pain).
This was pre-TMS for me so I didnt accept his diagnosis. I began looking for back doctors. Before I could make
an appointment a family member gave me Dr Sarno's book. Just the idea that life stresses could be causing my problem
made perfect sense to me and immediately decreased my pain. I read the book and over the next few months
my problem subsided. I still have work to do. I get small bouts of re-occurences but not near the level I had before.

Rose12

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  11:14:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Massage back and leg with alcohol can relieve the pain a lot.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000