TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Numbness in saddle region and rectum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

blossom

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  12:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm really struggling at the moment and was looking for some reassurances. Something I find with my tms symptoms are they are embarrassing problems which I cannot talk to anyone about. I'm finding this embarrassing to type out to be honest.

One of my tms symptoms is numbness of my 'saddle' region so that includes my genital area. It has been like this for 5 years now, I have no physical reason for it as I have been checked by MRI scans, lumbar puncture and a nerve conduction study. Nevertheless this is a constant symptom with slight variations in severity but it has never fully let up in 5 years.

About a year ago to my horror I found I have genital warts on my anus, I have been trying to treat them at home using apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil, I ever tried garlic and aspirin a few times. I've basically put myself through a lot of pain trying to get rid of these but nothing worked. Anyway now I also have numbness in my rectum and anus and I also have a deep ache. It's been bad that I can't really feel going to the toilet. This got a lot worse when I went to the sexual health clinic yesterday because I was worried I'd permanently damaged myself, I was hoping she'd say no this wouldn't cause numbness but she didn't and almost told me off for doing something so stupid to myself. I've been in agony since and the numbness is even worse. I feel so guilty that I've harmed myself in this way. But the numbness is like what happened to my saddle region five years ago, so it's like my body reacts by shutting down areas so I don't feel. I have long suspected there is sexual abuse in my childhood but I don't know any facts, this has always made me wonder if this is why my body shuts down in this area.

Anyway I'm really worried that this won't go away and it's a distressing symptom for me on top of the others. I looked on the pudendal nerve entrapment forum, my symptoms are more similar to a few people in that group but reading their stories I can see that they all most probably have tms. I will go to my GP to get their opinion but I don't see how using home remedies to burn off warts could have caused a numbness that goes deep into my rectum. I am feeling frustrated because I'm so tired of the weird embarrassing symptoms.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  18:48:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See Abigail Steidey's TMS site, she got her start due to having symptoms in your area.

Those home remedies are voo-doo, if they did any good pharmaceutical companies would make them in a pill form and you would get results.

Have you seen any docs for your condition besides the most recent one?
What do they tell you?

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Go to Top of Page

blossom

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2017 :  11:12:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the name I'm looking through her website now. I haven't seen any other medical professionals or at least any one that has said anything different. It seems to me that numbness is quite a prevalent TMS symptom of mine that I'm unable to shake

Be yourself, everyone else is taken
Go to Top of Page

mary jane5

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2017 :  16:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you suffer from bad anxiety? Because anxiety can cause symptoms like this...
I have vulvodynia nerve pain and I also read the pudendal forums until my eyes bled out. Trust me when I say this, pudendal nerve entrapment is RARE, VERY RARE and you do not get this from home treatments. The surgery that some people advocate for this has made a lot of people much worse and is pure quackery. You'd have to face multi-level surgery or have a congenital malformation to have entrapment. You don't even have pudendal neuralgia symptoms.

Where exactly do you have the numbness? Vagina? vulva? Does it come with pain, tingling? You may want to follow a user called ezer, he had pelvic pain, 2 surgeries and many treatments and after a long time is now cured via TMS methods.

Our mind can cause a lot of symptoms when stressed. Severe anxiety can cause tingling for example.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000