TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Groin Pain Makes a Return
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GTfan

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2019 :  10:25:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all:

I stumbled upon TMS 6 years ago. I had a terrible bout with groin pain that I couldn't seem to shake. (This was after a bout with panic attacks, acid reflux, etc, all TMS symptoms).

The doctor diagnosed me with epididymitis. This is the swelling of the epididymis (one of the tubes feeding the testical). We tried several different antibiotics over several months that didn't seem to help. Finally he threw in the towel and said the only way I would find relief from the pain was surgery.

Well I wasn't going to accept this, so after herbal remedies and chiropractors failed me too, I finally stumbled upon TMS. And long story short I recovered completely! The pain was all pyschosomatic, and I even discovered many others in the online world who suffered from chronic epididymitis with no cure in sight, but most of them wouldn't listen to me and how I was able to recover.

Well now here I am 6 years later. I feel groin twinges from time to time. But mostly I'm able to temper them. I also still experience TMJ, acid reflex, gastritis, and a few other TMS symptoms, but it's a work in progress for me to one day rid myself of it all.

But now about a week ago I was driving and I felt a twinge in my left groin. My brain started the negative thinking rabbit hole immediately. And now it's been a week, and all the familiar groin pain is back. Sometimes it's a dull, achy pain. Sometimes it's a sharp pain all over my left and right groin and hip area. Sometimes it feels like a knot in my left abdomen. All the different locations and feelings fit the bill of a TMS symptom "on the run" or trying to keep me distracted from whatever I'm repressing.

I just started hanging out with a new girl that I really like, so I'm almost sure it has something to do with it. I've come to realise that whenever I have groin pain then most of the time it's related to some kind of sexual anger or frustration, but I'm not 100 percent sure on that.

Things are going really well, so I'm not sure why my TMS is going crazy. I mean I've tried having sex with her a few times, but she wants to wait a little bit longer. I respect her for that, and I think that's probably a good thing in the long run. But maybe my "animal" part of my brain is angry about this. And also maybe my conscience part of my brain is taking that as rejection. Maybe I'm worried that since she wants to make the sex something special that I won't be able to perform (especially now that I'm in pain in that particular area). I don't know, I'm kind of reaching here.

But anyways, I'm really struggling with this one. This is giving me flashbacks to one of the worst TMS times of my life. I could use some support and advice. Thanks guys

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2019 :  20:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi - I used to get a lot of "running" tms injuries, groin pull was one of many. The pain moved from hip, neck, shin, knee, low back etc. etc.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2019 :  23:39:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're on the right track--that it could be TMS. Dr. Sarno said, when you feel the pain, stop and think PSYCHOLOGICAL. Your homeostasis has been disrupted due to your new relationship. New "good times" as well as "bad times" can impact your homeostasis--your "comfort zone". Don't underestimate the ability of your unconscious to create TMS symptoms to distract you from dealing with a threat to your homeostasis. You are almost believing that it's TMS--but not quite convinced. Go back to your TMS books for a TMS booster to refresh your belief in the Good Doctor's theory and how it works, sounds like you're half-way there. Take a time out and curl up with a TMS book to refresh your TMS thinking.

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Edited by - tennis tom on 05/30/2019 08:31:53
Go to Top of Page

GTfan

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2019 :  04:05:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom

You're on the right track--that it could be TMS. Dr. Sarno said, when you feel the pain, stop and think PSYCHOLOGICAL. Your homeostasis has been disrupted due to your new relationship. New "good times" as well as "bad times" can impact your homeostasis--your "comfort zone". Don't underestimate the ability of your unconscious to create TMS symptoms to distract you from dealing with a threat to your homeostasis. You are almost believing that it's TMS--but not quite convinced. Go back to your TMS books for a TMS booster to refresh your belief in the Good Doctor's theory and how it works, sounds like you're half-way there. Take a time out and curl up with a TMS book to refresh your TMS thinking.

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Thanks for the response. I had forgotten about the role of homeostasis with TMS. That's probably why I get stomach problems almost every time I go on vacation. When I was in Jamaica, smoking marijuana was the only thing that helped me keep my mind off it lol.

Wouldn't you know it? I woke up this morning with a fat ulcer in my mouth. Good ole TMS at work.

But yeah I'm coming to pull out Steve O's The Great Pain Deception again to refresh myself and hope for the best.
Go to Top of Page

summabody

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2019 :  09:36:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think your self analysis on the "why" is very insightful. It's perfectly natural to feel frustrated (unconsciously, downright ANGRY!!) when you want to move sexually but are being held back. Out comes the goodist/repressor who must be the respecting and understanding guy that lets the woman CONTROL the issue, deep down you want to win and release.

I'm female and have the same as you but reversed. Once a relationship turns sexual, I break out in the worst physical manifestations that prevent sex continuing. This causes me much distress because it's like my body just won't let me have nice things - In my conscious mind, I like sex and the boys! In my unconscious, I don't just want to be a casual fling, and have repressed fear, anxiety and rage that I'm not the kind of girl that can control the pace, like your lady...

You may find the book "Skin Deep" by Dr. Grossbart (just Google it, the PDF is available free to read) which while dealing with skin symptoms particularly, is a really good book that deals with reconciling the emotional side with physical and how to use self-hypnosis techniques to deal with it. But it all starts with awareness first, then finding a way to "talk to" your symptoms (and subconscious mind) and have "them" agree they don't need to intervene with your psychological conflict anymore. It's one of the few TMS books I've come across with actual techniques you can apply.

But I think with your clarity and awareness of TMS, if it's just pain and not a physical condition that flares up (mine's of the "autoimmune" variety), you should be fine if you keep talking to your brain to turn off the pain, and accept the fact that conflict/rage exists. Like how we get over all the other TMS gremlins.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000