TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 restless legs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dwinsor52

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  12:55:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted here several months ago and successfully thwarted a major TMS relapse. However, I still deal with restless legs that I have had for 20 years. I emailed Dr. Sopher who said he had no doubt it was a manifestation of TMS. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who might agree, or who might have successfully dealt with restless legs using Sarno's techniques. Thanks. Debby

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  13:37:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What exactly do you mean by restless legs?
Is it a twitch.like a sort of tic?

I have only had a non stop leg twitch once in my life and it was when I was on Cocaine.It would shake so bad I'd have to manually hold it in place.
Since Coke acts like an amphetamine,and amphetamines exacerbate anxiety,it would follow that anxiety is the culprit.

Since repressed rage causes anxiety,it would only follow that it is probably TMS.Kind of like Muscular treppe,it fits very well with Sarno's model of oxygen debt and lactic acid build up.

peace

Baseball65
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  17:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Deb,

I suffer from RLS big time. It's much worse at night, and worse yet on summer nights, so suffice it to say I'm not getting much sleep these days. I've only recently begun to explore the idea that RLS is TMS. Truthfully, I'm not convinced, but then again I've had to be dragged kicking and screaming to acceptance on a number of different issues.

It's definitely a not fun thing to have, not painful precisely, but extraordinarily uncomfortable and the cause of terrible insomnia...I think the worst attack I ever had was on the red-eye to Vegas. All the triggers were in place...nighttime, a hot stuffy plane, a tiny airplane seat///I almost went out of my mind..I spent the entire flight pacing up and down the aisle...They just have thought I was insane.

I also would very interested in hearing form others on this...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000