TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Group versus Individual Therapy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miehnesor

USA
430 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2005 :  12:58:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've shifted into higher gear wrt my TMS work and started individual therapy now two times a weak to work through the intense emotions that I know are still inside and still giving me symptoms and its amazing what I'm able to feel. Its been a month now and i've felt a ton of emotion and am seeing the symptoms slowly easing. Its incredible draining and after each session I just feel exhausted. I remember AnneG comments wrt her 6 months of therapy and can relate to it big time.

My impression now is - why did I wait so long to start individual therapy. While I did find the group therapy to be very helpful in identifying what was wrong, after that I needed to really focus on the problem and feel. In the group I didn't always have the space to concentrate on my own issues- After all there are 4 other guys in the group. Also in my case I really needed a motherly figure that understands and can validate my emotions and make it safe enough for them to come out. This is harder to do with men.

Group therapy I think can be more helpful than individual when you are still searching for what is bothering you. Once you have identified an area to work on, I think the individual therapy can be more useful.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000