TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Pain, Psychology , Tenderness & Mornings..Help!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ladyblue

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  16:32:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear exRSied..

LOL...hit the ground running, the slap's coming your way!

Au contrare, you may well have been quite scarily close in your character analysis BUT...thankfully awareness is a great stepping stone and the new and improved Jane has finally woken up to her own worth!
Damn...it feels good saying that.
(BTW...why do you say I need protection? I'm curious)

Jane
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  15:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jane,

You had me in stitches when you were talking about that counsellor!

I’m always confused, though, as to the difference between consulting a psychiatrist (who I know is a trained medical doctor) or a psychologist (presumably someone with a degree in psychology – not a doctor). Then there are counsellors – I understood they didn’t need a degree, just a training course in counselling? You can see I’m ignorant about this. Which one does one consult when? (This question is aimed at anyone who can tell me.)

Hilary
Go to Top of Page

ladyblue

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  17:11:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Hilary,

LOL.I think the main difference is how much they charge!

Seriously though (oh God I sense far wiser people than me circling above my head on this one!) a Counsellor does have to have a degree in order to take clients, advertise etc. I studied for a year and although I have certificates in Counselling now I would have to study for a futher 2 years (think its 2) before I could seek employment. Counselling tends to be a gentle approach, encouraging the client to safely grow an awareness of their issues and hopefully to finding a way forward to resolving/accepting/changing them. You can use different approaches like Gestalt for instance that's very much about being in "the here and now" or there's person centred etc.

A psychologist has a far more in-depth training on human behaviour and how it affects the mind...God knows they'd need it with me...lol

I'm not sure about the which and when Hilary, but I do know that for me Counselling was not the help I needed. I feel I need something far more intense and delving in a "safe environment"..(I add that because whilst the Psychotherapist I saw before was very highly qualified it is with some reluctance that I have to admit I fear he'd gone insane!...lol)

All the best...Jane
Go to Top of Page

exRSied

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  17:41:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because you seem so nice and gentle! It'd be a shame not to protect those qualities. But as I can see, you do kick butt when you want to and you do stand up for yourself! Go Jane!

:D
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000