TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Tooth Pain Without a Cause
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Special One

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  17:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was reading some of the past messages about TMJ syndrome and I got to thinking that I scared myself when I got a root canal a few months ago by reading about failed root canals on the internet (fear). Soon, TMJ symptoms set in, such as, shifting jaw upon yawning, temple tension, which I had never before experienced, and mild pain in the front of my neck on that side. Soon other bodily pains came on and some remain now. I attributed most of the other things to TMS but now I am thinking that the tooth twinges I now have in other teeth and continued root canal sensitivity could also be helped by the TMS healing approach. I have been to the dentist about the continued discomfort and he said everything looks fine, repeatedly. Has anyone tried TMS healing with "tooth pain without a cause?"

Special One

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  17:42:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TMS is just your mind using fear against you.

Your mind can choose to obsess whenever it wants about any past pain and just use it as a TMS distraction. Personally I beleive that your mind can conjure up a past pain at will, especially some pain that is somewhat recent. This is just my own observation.

As long as you have done your part and have had your dentist check you out, your tooth pain may just be TMS.

Related story...

At this point I have more TMJ related "tightness" in exchange for virtually no low back pain (LBP), so in my case that's ok with me.

In Novemeber during a routine exam the dentist told me I had broken part of a tooth and that it would have to be crowned. I hadn't noticed it at all in the preceeding month(s), so I was kind of shocked and decided to deal with it after the holidays.

So in December, I'm now obsessing that I really need to get this broken tooth fixed, and any delay is probably a bad thing. So now my tooth starts hurting for a couple weeks. As soon as the holidays passed the pain was just gone.

Take care, -Stryder

Edited by - Stryder on 02/01/2006 17:44:32
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  19:24:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tooth pain is often caused by chronic tension in the jaw (clenching the teeth). This can be an unconscious habit of TMS-prone people, much like muscle tension.

Once in awhile pay close attention to your jaw. You may find that you are unknowingly clenching your teeth.
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  19:35:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea, could be I was just doing that. -Stryder
Go to Top of Page

atg

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  21:26:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I had tooth pain. After several days it went away as quickly as it came for no reason. Soonafter I had knee pain. In my case I am sure that it was a TMS manifestation. This is before I knew about TMS so I didn't attribute it to it at the time. Strange to think that TMS can manifest itself in as odd a place as teeth, but after experiencing it firsthand, I can attest that it is indeed pluasible.
Go to Top of Page

lastlostmonkey

35 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  04:40:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

every day this board reveals somethng to me about myself. I cracked a tooth and had it filled only to have intermittent pain in it for about a year. The dentist could find nothing wrong with it and so I ignored it and it gradually showed up less and less until today I notice it has been gone for months. I also realised that as my RSI type pains went away I got phenomenal tightness in my jaw and head muscles and big headaches as a result. I used to massage my head to try to alleviate them. Again, that has disappeared and my RSI type pains are back, along with tinnitus. Special One, your post has linked all this together for me for the first time.

lastlostmonkey

'If life hands you lemons say 'I like lemons, what else have you got?' Henry Rollins

Edited by - lastlostmonkey on 02/02/2006 04:42:37
Go to Top of Page

Saf

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  13:56:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can really relate to the tooth pains.
I think I bring them on myself.
I had a bad wisdom tooth extraction 6 years ago and since then I get bouts of tooth pain. I have my sinuses close to the nerves and it akes my teeth sensitive.
However, every time it occurs I am to oscared to talk to the dentis in case it means treatment (daft). But worse than that it takes me over. I cant stop checking for it, dont want to eat, just really stupid sitting there suffering.
Since I started the Reverse therapy, when the pain came this time (and there is no "real" reason for it....I went and did stuff. It wasnt until later when my husband asked how it was that it hurt again...
Last week I did it with chest pain....I braved up and went to the Dr...soon as she told me it was muscle pain....next morning...its gone.
So Special One, yes I suppose i have tried it (even though I cant seem to use it on my main problem (migraine), and yes, once reassured, and stopping the anxiety, it really helps.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000