TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 help - still terrible pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Suz

559 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  08:00:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I am still battling this awful TMS attack. After no pain for 4 months - this is crazy. When I look back, I have had all sorts of TMS equivalents going but nothing this bad. I also realize on Sunday that I had some sort of TMS tension headache - I was extremely nauseous and the pain was blinding - I have never had one of those before. I thought it was something I ate on Saturday. Now I realize it was TMS.
Last night I was unable to stand up straight. I got my books out again and started reading them. I must admit that I didn't really do alot of the journalling at the beginning. I also was seeing a therapist but stopped that a month ago. I am going to start that again.
The experience with my sister in laws on Monday created this massive attack. The pain is in a totally new part of my back and is extremely bad. Is this a good sign? I have read that the pain moving around shows that the TMS is fighting to stay.
I would say that the pain is 20% less today but still one of the worst attacks ever.
Dr. Sarno is away on vacation until Sept 13th, so I can't see him. Also I have to get on a plane on Thursday to spend the weekend with my dad - he hates dealing with problems and I really didn't want to be in pain.
Sorry to moan on - but this is really challenging
Suz

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  08:17:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Suz-Sorry to hear you are still hving pain. Sounds like you had a good old migrane. I got them on a regular basis and they are quite devastating. I remember the first time I had one I could not imagine what was happening to me. You just almost have to lie down until they quit. The last couple of months I have been able to stop them by thinking psychologically. The good news is you are 20% better. Keep thinking about that. You are moving in the right direction. Could you put off seeing your dad until next week? For me, knowing I had to travel with that much pain would bring me alot of stress. You sound like you have a handle on the cause, You just need to give yourself some time for your body to catch up with your brain.
Go to Top of Page

Suz

559 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  11:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your kind words, Susie.
I actually think that going to see my Dad might help beat this TMS - if I stay then I am giving in! Right at the beginning of doing Sarno's work 4 months ago - the first thing I did after reading the book was to go running (haven't run in 10 years or done any exercise in 5) and then I wore my highest heels to work!! I guess it was my way of laughing at my unconsious and saying &^$%&*% you to it. (I like to use very strong language in my head!.) I have purposely worn high heels today and am trying really hard to focus on the emotional -it certainly is challenging to ignore the pain.
How long have you been doing this work for, Susie? Did the pain start in the back and then turn into migraines/
Go to Top of Page

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  13:42:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Suz-I posted a reply to you under the acne post. I had migranes way before the backpain. Also had ibs for a longtime off and on. You are probably right about going to your dads. After I wrote you a post, I had to question whether the acknowledgement of emotional triggers can cause us to limit our experiences. I refuse to limit my psysical movement but I must admit that I now try to avoid the things that will aggravate the s--t out of me. Does that give tms a control? It certainly sounds like it when I read this. There are certain things in my life that can always cause a stressful reaction in me, even with my knowledge of tms causing triggers. I always deal with the essential things but I might avoid the electives to avoid the stress. What do you think?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000