TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 My session w/ Don Dubin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  10:05:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya Jane,
We have more in common still..My parents divorced when I was a teenager as well..My back issues began right around that time..The neck (which is far worse) started after an accident in 1995..What part of NJ are you from? I was born in New Brunswick, grew up in Bound Brook..went to college in Montclair and lived in Middletown and Rockaway..My parents both died 16 years ago, prematurely..My TMS got alot worse after that, of course..Being in NY is interesting because I am so close and yet so far from NJ..It is a hassle just to visit..THat is poignant that your TMS also feels better when singing..Perhaps it is because we are more in the moment and happier when we are doing what we love most..

I am an artist too..Check out my art if you have a chance, I typically feel great after creating a painting as well..During, however, the TMS can act up.. www.visualobjects.net/karen_artworks.htm
is the site..I will have a full website soon..this is just a page..
Living as a singer/artist is tough in itself (financially speaking) and so causes more TMS life pressures..(to use Dr. Sarno's terms)..

I appreciate the warning about NJ and I agree with you..things are not the same as they were..I think once i am settled down in all areas of life, the TMS will let up even more..The transitional stage i am now in is tough on the nervous system and emotions..THey go hand in hand..Great hearing from you again..BTW, my boyfriend has 4 Christian rock cd's out and was the music minister director at his church here for 16 years..
Hugs and blessings fellow singer,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

JaneLeslie

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  10:24:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Karen,

Wow!! Your artwork is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing that. It is so EMOTIONAL! Really beautiful. It must be very therapeutic to do that, even if it can hurt at the moment you do it.
I don't have long to write, but please feel free to e-mail me at janelengyel@yahoo.com sometime.

I was raised in Cranford and after leaving college d/t TMS after my parents' split (I was at Duke) I then went to Douglass College---so I do know exactly where you were born. I am in MA now because my boyfriend at the time/husband now (a Rutgers grad) got a job up here and works on Martha's vineyard and we have lived here for about 20 years. I do sometimes think if I lived in NJ I could get over this faster, but hey you can visit easily! I might be wrong. I wonder how many of us TMS folks have divorced parents. I am guessing lots.

Well, TMS land is not Kansas (or NJ) is it Toto? I wish you great luck Karen. I am sure your singing is gorgeous too. It must be. By the way, don't be discouraged if you run out of money to pay Don. There is no magic guru here and that is part of the problem but also part of the solution. Just keep reading, journalling and accepting the diagnosis. The psychologist I see in Boston once in a while tells me to try to live life as normally as possible without giving deference to the sx. Try to "feel" more, which is tough. It is easier to feel through our art, isn't it? Allowing feelings in other ways feels scary but is necessary.

Blessings!
Jane
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  11:30:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen! I haven't had a chance before to follow your artwork links, but today I did and I think your paintings are absolutely beautiful. I love your style. My favorites are the Indigo Dawn and Purple Passion. I wish I had those in my living room!

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  16:41:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG, Jane and ACL..thank you soooo much for the compliments on my art work..that is very kind of you! It does help me feel my feelings, alot more..as does singing..But it can be feast of famine..Art sales come in waves..several in a row followed by months of nothing..ONce i have my art here in NYC w/ me, I am sure that will help..although i sell all over the world..and my roomie ships them from Vegas..I just completed one today, feels good..first time i painted since i have been here...What a release..but the neck is acting up a bit too..I am programmed to think it is tough on my muscles..as are the bumps in the road..But we all know, it's really the bumps and changes in my life that are causing the symtpoms..Please feel free to pass on my sites to anyone you know might be interested..It's not an easy living but one day, who knows..maybe i will be rich and famous and have TMS for positive reasons..lol..thanx again!!
Hugs,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2007 :  12:47:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moving this to the top for the person who asked about Don Dubin

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page