TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 chest pain a TMS equivalent?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  18:53:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know Dr. Sarno talks about MVP, mitral valve prolapse as a TMS equivalent and I have been previously diagnoses years ago with MVP...Interestingly as i received something in the mail from my ex fiance in Canada I had some mild chest pain...As most of you know i am in the middle of a very bad bout with neck TMS for the past month or so...Has anyone ever experienced chest pain as a TMS equivalent?
thanx for reading...

Carolyn

184 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  19:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have- once the pain started moving around I had very bad palpitations with chest pain (felt like a real tightness)and a weird buzzy feeling in my chest. It was scary and I thought this must be something serious. I went and had it checked out by a cardiologist with all the tests and was diagnosed with a mitral valve prolapse with significant regurgitation but was told it was nothing to worry about and sent on my way. I posted here and found out it is a TMS equivalent that other prople have had. I have been able to pretty much eliminate it.
If it continues I would have it checked out though since chest pain can be benign but it can also be serious and until you get a clean bill of health, it will probably serve as a good distraction for your TMS to use. Maybe this new pain is a sign that your TMS is starting to move around- and that's a very good sign.

Carolyn
Go to Top of Page

Steve

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  20:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also had very bad chest pains during a prolonged TMS episode...they lasted for nearly a year. My pain migrated around from my upper to lower chest and I worried that it had something to do with a birth defect (pectus excavatum - i.e., concave chest). It was a burning and aching type pain. I had several doctors check it out but none could figure out what it was. It finally went away - and soon turned into a totally different TMS "ailment"!
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  21:09:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanx Carolyn and Steve,
SO appreciate your sharing with me...It has stopped, it was just fleeting...I had my heart check out a few years ago when i thought i was having a heart attack and it turned out to be nothing at all...My BP is low, in fact..It's just more TMS...It's still in my neck big time, but is kind of hurting in the knee as well right now..so maybe that is a good sign that the bugger is moving around...
Go to Top of Page

Kristin

98 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  21:29:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well yes, muscular chest pain and palpitations which got much worse with worry. I tend to get them when I have PMS (which I'm thinking is more closely related to TMS than I thought). Now when I feel a flutter I nearly ignore it. Of course I am aware of the heart danger signs which I can all but eliminate. Stress, tension, mild panic, fear, how exhausting! Isn't life short enough not to let certain things turn our lives into misery?
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  21:31:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely Kristen, I agree...Life is short...too short...
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  09:52:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanx cjb...yes i agree it is unbelievable what the brain does to us to stop us from getting well and avoid those horrible feelings down inside...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000