TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 I am so frustrated
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dwinsor52

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  06:35:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so frustrated with myself. I am still getting restless legs at 10 pm every night, without fail, and cannot seem to undo my brain's programming. I am yelling at my brain, telling it this is ridiculous - that I am not putting up with this any longer. It's torture! During the day I am very "on top of this" thinking-wise. I know exactly what's going on and I am determined to meet the onslaught of restlessness with calm and self-knowledge. After about 1/2 hour of it I feeling like begging someone for drugs, even if just for a placebo effect. I am filled with fear and outrage that I can't read in bed like a normal person!

I would really appreciate positive ideas, not just what I am doing wrong. I think I already know that fear, doubt and programming are wreaking havoc with me. Can anyone help? I am so sick of my brain at this point!
Debby

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  09:07:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The frustration just proves to your brain that the distraction is working. The fear and outrage is exactly what your brain is after. Think of it as you unconscious chuckling to itself, knowing that it has succeeded in its quest.

Instead of getting angry and focusing on the sensation, write in a journal or find some other way to get in touch with your represesd feelings.
Go to Top of Page

dwinsor52

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  10:49:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, that's a great suggestion. I am going to try writing tonight. It is truly SO ridiculous and I should know better by now! If I am knitting I don't get the RLS at all, because my brain is distracted. If I was at a party at 10 p.m. I wouldn't get it. When I get it, as soon as I turn over on my stomach to go to sleep after sitting up in bed reading IT GOES AWAY. In fact, I have never experienced such a silly thing that can cause such torture! Thanks!
Debby
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000