TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Diagnosed today with TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jrnythpst

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  14:48:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my story is very long and I don't feel like typing it all at the moment. I will make several points and ask if anyone else can relate if that's cool? LOL My mother is purchasing the book for me today by Dr. Sarno, I am at work and using my 15 minute break to write this, hence only the highlights.
1.Began in childhood
2. told for ten years that I had growing pains and would get over it, I thought the whole time I was just some fat lazy kid (that's what the PE teachers essentially told me).
3. diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in 1999, been through every medication known to man for this diagnosis and none have helped.
4. most of my symptoms were dismissed by past two rheumy's and an intern at Chapel Hill medical school.
5.I sometimes would wonder what I did wrong to deserve this kind of torture while at other times I felt certain I deserved it.
6. I have had several "abusive" relationships, can't pick the right guy. Nothing severe but qualify as abusive all the same.
7. Siblings did not believe my pain and felt I was "faking it" until I started having deformities in my knees (I pray they are reversible but no pain would be sufficient for me at this point.)

Ok getting ready for a really brief staff meeeting. Any suggestions, advice, links, or inspirational stories would be great!

Hugs,
Ali Cat

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  15:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Ali Cat. If you search on "success" or "SuccessStory", or if you've time to just have a browse through the forum you'll find lots of inspirational stories.

Good luck!

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

drziggles

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  19:50:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who diagnosed you with TMS, and what are the circumstances behind it? How old are you, and what symptoms have you had?
Go to Top of Page

jrnythpst

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  06:44:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what a can of worms you want to open with that question drziggles. LOL I think it all started physically at the age of 7 when I developed psoriasis. It was a horrible second grade. I had just gotten stitches in my legs from being cut by glass (my fault), just got glasses for the first time and they were way too big for my face, and I had the teacher from hell that made life miserable. I have had physical symptoms ever since. Mostly lower leg pain, usually just the left knee and right ankle. The right knee hasn't bothered me that that badly since I had the meniscus fixed in 1999. I am currently 29. I was diagnosed by a holistic rheumatologist in Charlotte, NC. He's the first doctor (other than the allergist that recommened him to me) that has ever truely listened to me. Everyone else just wanted to throw pills at it and hope it numbs down. Because I had psoriasis and pain they automatically jumped to the conclusion that I had psoriatic arthritis even though no definitive test is availabe and I was not exhibiting the 2 most common factors of pitting nails and sausage fingers and toes. I had neither of those two and the rest didn't add up either but for 7 years I lived with that diagnosis until yesterday when the doc looked at all my symptoms (and me) as a whole and said that he doesn't believe I have arthritis or ever did for that matter. It was liberating and validating to finally have someone with an open mind and willing to think outside the box. Nothing on the market for psoriatic arthritis was helping it and I tried over 20 different medication including all three biologics and methotrexate which raised my liver enzymes.

Hugs,
Ali Cat
Go to Top of Page

jrnythpst

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  10:47:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Bruce Hill in Charlotte, NC.

Hugs,
Ali Cat
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  10:58:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I empathize with you jrnythpst...I have dealt with psoriasis for many years...I think I had it as far back as high school..but back then it was just on my elbows...My mom had it too so i assumed it was genetic...Now I still have it on part of my scalp, elbows and a few other areas..Thank goodness you cannot see it real well because it is embarassing...I have noticed it gets worse when I take anti inflammatories for the TMS pain...I have also noticed that when I eat healthy it just eventually goes away..Conditioned response or just my body cleaning out my liver...It doesn't really matter why it goes away..It is back now with a vengenance and I am under alot of stress from all the pain I am in...Dr. Sarno says clearly even in his videotaped lectures that psoriasis is a TMS equivalent so you can treat it as such..Sounds like you found a great doctor in NC...Good for you...
Hey CJB,
What a fantastic post to JRN...I have read and re-read it several times! You're good!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000