TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 being neurotic about the pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  20:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I am still doing the work everyone, promise...The reading, the journaling, the introspection...But one thing I am still struggling with is getting over the FEAR about hurting myself again..I have become neurotic about the pain...If I do the slightest thing that brings on a twinge of pain I start to think "Oh no, I do NOT want to go backwards..i still have sooo far to go..I still can barely move my neck at all and the only thing that has gotten better is the arm and hand symptoms.." I don't mean to sound ungrateful that those things have gotten better, because I am VERY grateful...But i still can't move my neck and it's driving me crazy...I cannot force it or it gets worse, ie..the tightness, pain,headache, etc...It soooo tight especially in the upper right side, near the skull...What emotions could be Stuck in there? I just am so tired of worrying that i have hurt myself..and the pain changes alot in intensity throughout the day..usually getting progressively worse by night fall...This really is terrible..I just want to be better already...I want to go have fun on the 4th but seems i will probably be stuck in the house still...So now that is two major days, my bday and the 4th that were ruined because of this TMS stuff...Sorry for complaining it a reaction also to the cabin fever i am sure..

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  06:22:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It took me a long time to understand that fear in and of itself is part and parecl of this whole syndrome, at least it is for me...

I think to a great extent I was always injured from running or whatever simply because I feared such injuries..

As my fear has lessened, so has my tendency to be hurt all the time...

Sarno is a genius, but for what it's worth, I think he underplays the role of stress and fear in TMS, and overplays the rage aspect...
Go to Top of Page

redskater

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  07:15:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Art, I think I tend to agree with you on the stress and fear. Good point.

Gaye

Gaye
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  09:47:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely Art...I agree with you too...And it makes sense what you said about fearing you would hurt yourself running and then you end up hurting...Fred Amir talks about visualization and positive thinking alot in his book...I am getting alot out of it..Guess what?? I just went on a 30 minute walk with my roomie and my dogs...It was awesome..Now I am telling myself..I will NOT hurt over this..It is good for me to have my blood FLOWING throughout my body, including in my neck!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000