TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 Success Story
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Randy

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  18:46:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two years ago I was in constant shoulder pain, and afraid even to open the refrigerator door for fear of "injuring" my shoulders. I attached a hook to my belt. I would hook the handle and lean back to open the refrigerator door, or any other heavy door. I was afraid to pull my socks up and bought a special device to help. I had several catalogs for people with disabilities. I had to get rid of my manual shift car because I thought it was too hard to shift. I got a spinner knob for the steering wheel but still thought the wheel too hard to turn. I was considering going to get a state evaluation which would qualify me to get "low-effort" power steering.
These shoulder symptoms had gone on for almost 15 years. I endured two surgeries which made me worse, not better, saw dozens of doctors in several states. I tried physical therapy, anti inflammatories, cortisone, acupuncture, chiropractic. I could go on and on.
Today I am 98 percent recovered. I swim, ride my bike, lift weights, shoot baskets--anything I want--and I just bought a motorcycle. I do have an occasional twinge in my shoulders and an occasional fearful thought, so I cannot count myself 100 percent recovered, even though I know intellectually that there is nothing wrong with my shoulders.
My miraculous recovery is entirely due to Dr. Sarno. It began when I found his book, The Mindbody Prescription. I also bought his video, and the new book The Divided Mind.
I am a classic Sarno type, conscientious, achiever, perfectionist, low self esteem. Symtoms started the classic way, following a perceived injury.
I had to completely immerse myself in his materials in order to get better, so deep was the conviction that I was "easily injured," that I had "old injuries" that didn't heal.
I do continue to have other symptoms which are probably TMS equivalents--reflux, allergies, depression, voice problems.
Nevertheless my success with getting rid of a disabling shoulder condition has convinced me that Sarno's analysis is correct, regardless of what the medical community says. I regard him as a pioneer and a visionary.

Randy from Virginia.

carbar

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  23:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Randy.

Thanks for sharing.

From,
Another newcomer
Go to Top of Page

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  08:05:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great story.

I'm giving this a SuccessStory: Tag so it will be found when searched.

Congrats, Randy.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

Kimakim

17 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  08:27:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Randy,

Thanks so much for sharing. Your story was incredibly helpful. I've been in pain on and off since '88...back and shoulder and now sciatica that is making me nuts. I've been doing the Sarno stuff since about May and haven't noticed a difference...yet...and I'm confident I will. I just can't believe that this would be anything but TMS, nothing else makes any sense at all.

I find it simply amazing what the brain comes up with to protect us from ourselves. Insanity, really.

Thanks again,

Kim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000