TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 virus?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  19:22:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had a problem with my computor since I opened the goodness 4 you, message, anyone else? I think I may I picked up a virus.

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  01:27:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had no issues since I got it. You typically only get a virus from opening attachments, just reading the contents of the message should be ok. What are the symptoms you getting on your machine?
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  11:45:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It says , Lexplorer caused error in GDI EXE, then it says it will close , everything freezes , I can't even close it unless I shut it down manually, it also says that an error report is being done.
I don't know anything about computor except how to turn it on so I am in abit of trouble when something goes wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  17:39:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, you might need to get a geek in to help you out. First thing I would try is to uninstall all Adobe software. eg, Adobe acrobat reader. Restart your machine and see if that helps. There could be a number of things that are causing this, but start with that. Make sure you have some type of Adware/spyware cleaner on your machine, and a service pack2 if you're running XP. That's just the start.............see what I mean.........you might need a geek for this one. If you don't understand something then just Google the term, good luck.
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  20:02:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
miche,

If you ahve XP you've got "system restore"...left click on "start"...go to "search" and then search in"all files and folders" for "system restore" on local hard drive "C"..

Then click on it when it's found....just pick a date when your computer was running well and your computer will be restored to that condition..might very well fix the problem whatever it is...It's
a bit like magic..
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  21:26:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank's Art, I love magic.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: