TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Sarno for Acne?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Samantha

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  17:38:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had painful tendonitis for over a year and was fortunate enough to come across the Mindbody Perscription, which completely eliminated my pain within a matter of days! Thank goodness!
I have some skin issues, acne in particular. I'm convinced that the cause of it is low blood circulation to the affected area, which would be a result of some form of TMS. But, I can't seem to get rid of it. Been to lots of dermatologists over the years but I really don't think they know much about how the mind plays into skin problems. Sarno only briefly mentions TMS and skin problems in his book.
Any suggestions?

Samantha Brown

dschid

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  10:05:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
deleted

Edited by - dschid on 09/07/2009 15:58:13
Go to Top of Page

dschid

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  15:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
deleted
Go to Top of Page

dschid

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  15:22:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
deleted
Go to Top of Page

Northerner

62 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  12:13:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sister, who is in her forties, breaks out with acne when she gets upset.

Your acne could be a TMS equivalent.

If it is a TMS eqivalent, treat it like any other TMS equivalent. Think psychologically, not physically, journal, etc.

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened.
- Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  17:51:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see in my 20 year old that when school's in session, he has acne. When it's over, his skin looks great. He accepts that it is stress-related.

I get bumps on my face during the workweek. Weekends, like today, it looks great. When I get back from a weeklong cruise, the one comment I hear most is how good my skin looks.

So I have seen in those close to me and myself that skin issues are stress or emotion-related.

Journal! I did some today.
Go to Top of Page

shamrock62081

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  10:26:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting article in TIME about teen acne and depression/moods...

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1924464,00.html
Go to Top of Page

stanfr

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  23:58:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Samantha, Ive had acne since i was 12. There is no question in my mind now that mind-body plays an enormous role in it, its genetic but TMS is also genetic. The main thing is to not let it become a distraction or replacement for the psychological issues, it then really becomes a TMS equivalent. Don't obsess over it or change your behavior due to it. Sarno may not mention much in his books, but i have spoken to him (in reference to psoriasis) and he believes that TMS and skin issues are one and the same (not sure i totally agree!). Goos luck!

Edited by - stanfr on 09/27/2009 23:58:42
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000